• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I've got FANTASTIC news everyone! Wake Forest Basketball just won the Super Bowl!!!

Wait, people actually think that he had this game and only this game circled on our schedule as our super bowl. That's the interpretation you are going with? That's cute :dv7

We get multiple Super Bowls this season? That's awesome. How many?

He better have had this game circled. We had lost 13 consecutive conference games on the road.

Wait, people actually think that he had this game and only this game circled on our schedule as our super bowl. That's the interpretation you are going with? That's cute :dv7

:willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

I have no problem with him getting excited about an ACC road win. We haven't earned the right to look down our noses at anybody.

I just realized that dv7 comes from a long line of real estate people. Put 'em all together and you have a vacant lot.

I have no problem with him getting excited about an ACC road win. We haven't earned the right to look down our noses at anybody.

FALSE!

We were #251 to end last season; BC was #255 heading into this game.

Why do you lie! :thumbsup:

Fuck it, I hope he calls EVERY game our Super Bowl. Why not? Every game is a big game, right? Anything else is LOSER MENTALITY, YOU LOSERS.

Dumb quote. I know why he said it and what he was saying, but c'mon. I think it's just a further indicator of how detached he is from the fanbase and our expectations.

The context of the quote is what bothers me. If we were a good team and started the conference season 1-3, I could see a coach saying it. The fact that we're saying it because we have a small handful of winnable games left is what bothers me. A coach who has lost the fanbase, has zero personality, and has yet to give the community a reason to be excited cannot say these sorts of things without the fans screaming a huge WTF.

So now we are criticizing Buzz for winning???? For fuck sake, give the guy a break....and an extension.

Nooooo, we are criticizing him for how he catagorizes the win. Good Lord, don't you see how this is the most awful thing a coach can say? :drool:

I think he was saying that this was a huge win and it was.

Lose and we are 1-4 at the bottom of the conference. Win and we are 2-3 in the middle of the conference. Plus alot of these players have never won a conference road game.

I have no problems bashing Bzzzzz, but I don't see it here.

Dumb quote. I know why he said it and what he was saying, but c'mon. I think it's just a further indicator of how detached he is from the fanbase and our expectations.

Agree with this. I don't know why it's so hard for him just to give generic coach speak after games, or whenever the hell else he's interviewed.

Whatever. Compared to some of his other media gaffes, this one is the least troubling.

Back