• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I've got FANTASTIC news everyone! Wake Forest Basketball just won the Super Bowl!!!

I think he was saying that this was a huge win and it was.

Lose and we are 1-4 at the bottom of the conference. Win and we are 2-3 in the middle of the conference. Plus alot of these players have never won a conference road game.

I have no problems bashing Bzzzzz, but I don't see it here.

Agreed. I hate that it's come to this for our program, but facts are facts, we really needed to win this game. We as a fanbase should probably save our collective ire for when it matters.

I assume he was trying to say every game needs to be WF's super bowl due to the talent level not being high. But that's just horribly worded if that's what he was indeed trying to say.

If he was actually saying a game against BC was their super bowl then I really don't know what to say.

bzz just meant that the super bowl is the last game of the season. uh what???

the quote is being blown out of proportion because bzz's body of work includes turning one road game against a sh!tty bc team into a big game and a bigger win.

i was happy about the win but two or three years ago i would not have thought twice about this win.

the quote is being blown out of proportion because bzz's body of work includes turning one road game against a sh!tty bc team into a big game and a bigger win.

i was happy about the win but two or three years ago i would not have thought twice about this win.

If it keeps him from talking about his time at Air Force, I am all for it.

Dumb quote. I know why he said it and what he was saying, but c'mon. I think it's just a further indicator of how detached he is from the fanbase and our expectations.

Wait, are you suggesting that he's not good with the press???

So long as we just won it, I could give a damn what it's called

I have no problem with him getting excited about an ACC road win. We haven't earned the right to look down our noses at anybody.

Getting excited about a road win is great. I just don't like calling it "winning our Super Bowl". The Super Bowl ends the season. That quote makes it sound like we won't be winning another game all season.

Getting excited about a road win is great. I just don't like calling it "winning our Super Bowl". The Super Bowl ends the season. That quote makes it sound like we won't be winning another game all season.

I think people interpret Super Bowl in this context to mean "big game." Nothing more, nothing less. I get why people are frustrated, but this is more just a minor stumble than anything worth getting up in arms about.

I think people interpret Super Bowl in this context to mean "big game." Nothing more, nothing less. I get why people are frustrated, but this is more just a minor stumble than anything worth getting up in arms about.

simply put, this is the shit you argue about when your team blows.

bzz just meant that the super bowl is the last game of the season. uh what???

No idea if that's a question directed at me, or really what that comment means so i'll just assume it was sarcasm.

True, dat. I feel like the logo in your avatar is your wet pussy crying in rhythm to the beat of Coach Bzd's heart.

Seriously, go get laid. You have some severe sexual needs that should be taken care of STAT. Pay for it if you have to. No judgments.

I'll compare this to footy (soccer), because that is what I know best.

When Man United go away to the "smaller" clubs the fans and the team play like it is their "Cup Final" -- basically a Super Bowl -- and play their socks off for that game because such a big opponent is in town.

Manchester United have won 12 out of 19 Premier Leagues since 1992.

Jeff [Redacted] says that we played our "Cup Final" against a team projected to finish 12th in a 12 team down ACC.

Way to set the bar high, coach!

Thanks for explaining this in soccer terms... I had no idea what the fucking Super Bowl is so I was confused.

No idea if that's a question directed at me, or really what that comment means so i'll just assume it was sarcasm.

not really directed at anyone. just making a silly joke about the quote and the end of the season (aka giving up). i don't really believe bzz has given up on the season.

Back