• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted], Please resign.

Iowa game

We were happy that we won the 7th placed game in some no-name tournament this year too, right? That was a highlight of Mr. [Redacted]'s reign as well, I would say.

4 more years! 4 more years!

Posting like this after any single game is the height of fandom stupidity.

When Roy was coach at Kansas, we beat them about as badly as State beat us today. It was embarrassing and Roy called his team a "bunch of pussies."

And they went on to the Final Four.

Point being, one game NEVER defines a team or a coach.

PS: I am not a Bzz-inner, but the man should be given a decent chance to show what he can do, and one game never proves a damn thing.

Whether you want to use '12 VT or '00 Kansas to prove a point regarding the coaching ability of Roy Williams or Jeff [Redacted]... I'd recommend you read this.

Under a microscope focused solely on today, the UNC and WFU losses are very comparable. Zoom out a little bit on our coaches resume & you'll realize just how asinine the argument you're trying to make is.

Roy's a jackass (as he has proven yet again today) and actually hasn't done a whole heck of a lot given the talent & fortuitous positions that have landed in his lap; but trying to compare his and Bz's success in college basketball is... well... moronic.

Good to know that Buzz is not worried.

On how concerned he is after starting off strong and falling flat today...

"We're all staying here and they're watching the film with me after I'm done with all of this. We've got a great group of guys, I don't know why we did what we did offensively today... Am I worried about it? No, I'm not worried about it. This is a team that wanted to do well and I think they just got frustrated to the point where they just got so frustrated it just got the best of them - because it's a young team - and they didn't really know how to handle it."

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011412aaa.html

That "young" excuse is good for two more years

Anybody counting on an incoming class of frosh .... despite the decent talent .. to make much of a diff in high major ball is delusional

"We're all staying here and they're watching the film with me after I'm done with all of this. We've got a great group of guys, I don't know why we did what we did offensively today... Am I worried about it? No, I'm not worried about it. This is a team that wanted to do well and I think they just got frustrated to the point where they just got so frustrated it just got the best of them - because it's a young team - and they didn't really know how to handle it."

That's what we always do offensively. NCSU just made us pay for it.

I don't know what people are watching (Jeff [Redacted] included) that makes them think our offensive has been worth a shit in more than a couple of games.

It's the same fucking deal game after game. You can't consistently win games if you can't get the ball into the paint without turning it over because sometimes the jump shots won't fall.

cGgZA.jpg

I saw the poor guy eating alone at the Village Tavern early one night and he had the same expression. Boulder wasn't really such a bad place to be.

That is just pathetic. I want him to win, I really do.

We have the worst, most entitled bunch of fans in the ACC. Who do you think you are? Nobody owes you anything. Bzzz is a good coach but he is not a miracle worker, he's going to need at least 4-5 years to resurrect this program from the steaming pile Dino left behind. I suggest you stop whining and start going to The Joel to support this team instead of sitting behind your keyboards crying into the heavens.

Oh! Woe is us! Our basketball team isn't very good!

We were happy that we won the 7th placed game in some no-name tournament this year too, right? That was a highlight of Mr. [Redacted]'s reign as well, I would say.

4 more years! 4 more years!

i'm getting sick of you dv7. you complain every chance you get about bzz's lack of tournament wins. then when he has one you knock it. sheesh.

We have the worst, most entitled bunch of fans in the ACC. Who do you think you are? Nobody owes you anything. Bzzz is a good coach but he is not a miracle worker, he's going to need at least 4-5 years to resurrect this program from the steaming pile Dino left behind. I suggest you stop whining and start going to The Joel to support this team instead of sitting behind your keyboards crying into the heavens.

That's awesome. And true. Lots of whiney crybabies.

i'm getting sick of you dv7. you complain every chance you get about bzz's lack of tournament wins. then when he has one you knock it. sheesh.

That isn't what people are talking about when they say a tournament win.

That's awesome. And true. Lots of whiney crybabies.

Actually, it's almost all completely false.

1) No evidence [Redacted] is a good coach

2) The roster Dino left behind was young but talented

3) The percentage of posters that go to the game versus other fans is almost certainly higher

young team? last i checked nikita is a 5th year player. ty is a sr and cj is a jr. best player is mckie and he has played a ton of games. this is just another bs excuse by bzz to lay blame elsewhere.

"nothing to see here folks. it's not my system. certainly not my in game coaching. not my substitutions. definitely not my play calls. no sir, its not my in game changes. recruiting? sorry buddy, my kids are not here yet. this years frosh? nice try. no coach in college bball gets a honeymoon period of good recruiting when they are hired late and have not coached an actual game yet. you believe in unicorns too dontcha?

nope. what we have here is a young team that needs to mature. yes i realize they responded well on the road after my game plan was shit last time. it dug them a pretty deep hole. luckily at halftime my assistants said 'coach please just tell these kids play hard. leave everything out there. ty keep working on defense and the rest of you... throw the effing ball to mckie and cj and get the eff out of the way.' well, i will tell you what (dan collins) my players listened to ME when I told them that and they almost came back. i was at the hot dog stand most of the second half and boy is almost victory tasty."

Nice effort with your post, but lol.

Back