• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] to Andy Katz -- "I'm coaching my tail off with this young group".

I have never seen a major college coach who feels the need to pat himself on the back as much in the media as [Redacted].

I don't know why he bothers.

He doesn't read the news or the internet. So how we will he know if it even makes a difference?

This. A bad loss can either be: (i) a loss to a team you shouldn't have lost; and/or (ii) a lost by a margin you shouldn't have lost by. Because we haven't had any examples of (i) doesn't mean we don't have any examples of (ii).

what he said

I have never seen a major college coach who feels the need to talk about himself as much in the media as [Redacted].

FIFY.

He talked about himself alot from the time he was hired. Everything with him is "I" instead of "we." IMO this is a huge reason why he's a terrible leader.

Virginia could have beat us by 40 if they really wanted to. That's not a bad loss, Jeff? LOLOL

(Never mind the other beatdowns, good job, good effort, Jeff)

I love the comment under the Katz video that starts off: "Jeff [Redacted] is a clown."

Tennessee was up by 26 if I remember correctly before they put all the scrubs in, and we narrowed it to 19. He is such an idiot. 56 days.

this is wrong in so many ways:
1. ok so by no bad losses I guess he means we haven't lost to anybody like Stetson or Presby - wow , Jeff great progress in 4 years!
2. our OOC schedule is so putrid I wouldn't get too excited about beating any of those guys regardless of the fact that we lost to those types in the past
3. yes , the losses to Tenn, X, and UVA are bad losses regardless of whether we expected to lose or not - losing by that many points is a bad loss no matter how you want to define a "bad loss"
4. still no significant road wins
5. still playing the youth card - playing a high number of sophomores along with a senior, and a 4th year transfer (basically another senior) makes you basically no different than most other teams you're playing so what's the point?
6. if you have to tell people you're coaching your tail off - then you probably have a problem to begin with
7. when in your lifetime of watching/observing/evaluating basketball teams, programs, and coaches have you ever heard such an obvious "talk track" approach with the media? talking points -" I'm coaching my tail off!, we have a young team, we've had no bad losses, our attendance is 4th highest in the ACC, X number of minutes were played by Y number of freshman last year which is among the highest in the NCAA" - here's your answer - NEVER! real coaches don't talk like this, they just get after the business of developing their team

WOW!

I have never seen a major college coach who feels the need to pat himself on the back as much in the media as [Redacted].

I agree, but I can kind of understand why he does that. I mean, other than his own comments, everything else said about the guy is a rip job. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I can understand why he feels the need to say something positive about himself.

Guess he didn't "coach (his) tail off" in previous years? Regardless, bzz's head is rubbing against his ceiling, no doubt.

Just.go.away. Go away.

Last edited:
In all fairness, Bzz did not lose those games. The players would have won those games, if they would have just done what Bzz told them. If you want to know why we lost those games, you are going to have to ask the players.

I agree, but I can kind of understand why he does that. I mean, other than his own comments, everything else said about the guy is a rip job. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I can understand why he feels the need to say something positive about himself.

Or perhaps he could address the situation by ceasing to suck. Then things would take care of themselves, would they not?

Bzz sure seemed to be coaching his tail off munching on some lunch at Mama Zoe's today

Much of the AD hackery from the past few years has infuriated me, but I do feel for the people responsible for media training. Can you imagine being handed this bumbling mess and charged with making him ready for national-level interviews? It probably required 10 Anne Sullivans to even get him to this point.

Back