• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe Regrets Not Taking Nebraska Job, Staying At Wake Forest (Updated)

Keep in mind who the comment is coming from. A kicker who was benched during his senior year.

True, but it's not like he was the only one. It definitely seemed like Grobe lost the players the last couple of years.

True, but it's not like he was the only one. It definitely seemed like Grobe lost the players the last couple of years.

Interesting.. would love to know where that might have stemmed! I think a number of the guys who've ever had a problem directly with JG have almost always been playing time related. These guys have either transferred or graduated in four years.

I know some guys have had issues with staff members, but not directly with JG himself. Again, I'm playing devil's advocate (I tend to be guilty of that time to time) I just hate jumping on a bandwagon so quickly. I have no idea if he truly feels that way is or bitter. I also don't know if he had been baited into answering a specific way.

You would be one of the last ones on that bandwagon so it's not quickly.

Remember what Godspower said about no consequences for failure. And the coaches telling everybody "good game" after a loss. Does Grobe realize that the Cornhuskers and Razorbacks are the only team in the state, they're the lead story on every sportscast. The govenor is betting other govs on every game.

The more I think about it, Grobe is on to something: Dook didn't have Riley Skinner to screw up their coaching staff's brilliant misdirection offense. I was so tired of Riley Skinner holding our offense back. Thanks for nothing, Riley.

The comment about Skinner makes no sense from Grebe, I have no idea why he said that, just sounds stupid. I do think there are things our program probably needed badly that we didn't get, but it looks like those things are getting are going to start getting done. Grobe should keep his mouth, i'm sure some of what he's said has merit, but there's no reason to say them publicly now.

The one thing that alwsys pissed me off about Grobe wad "I'm not blaming (name of someone else)....." and he would go on to blamr them. Wellman should be a day late with the next paycheck, and we will see how much he aprevisted LOWF,

You would be one of the last ones on that bandwagon so it's not quickly.
I knew players who loved Grobe and players who regretted coming to Wake. More than a few players told me that Grobe's staff tended to pick favorites based on how much ass they kissed, no matter how they played in practice.

I knew players who loved Grobe and players who regretted coming to Wake. More than a few players told me that Grobe's staff tended to pick favorites based on how much ass they kissed, no matter how they played in practice.

Gotcha - thanks for responding.

I don't believe that. Well, I believe players who were not getting time in games believed that but it smells of pure bullshit.

I don't believe that. Well, I believe players who were not getting time in games believed that but it smells of pure bullshit.

I can tell you what smells like pure bullshit.

Still defending Jim Grobe.

I can tell you what smells like pure bullshit.

Still defending Jim Grobe.

This may have already been covered but did Grobe request that all of his players attend both sessions of summer school (which Clawson was able to get done this year) and get turned down? When I read the quotes in WS Journal recently about how much better "shape" the players were in this summer, I wondered whether that was being fair to Grobe.

Grobe isn't your problem anymore. That includes you OGB. Get over it already. Let's see if Clawson delivers a championship in his tenure.

I make no apologies that I like Jim Grobe. He's a nice guy if you ever talk to him. And I would be the first to say, and I believe I did, that he should have stepped down three years ago. I think an Orange Bowl gets you five more years. And we were a field goal away from another ACC championship game during that time. But the last three years were not good.

I remember when everyone was in a panic about the Arkansas offer. He probably should have taken it.

[B said:
DirkTheDeac;1871920]Grobe isn't your problem anymore. That includes you OGB. Get over it already.[/B] Let's see if Clawson delivers a championship in his tenure.

I make no apologies that I like Jim Grobe. He's a nice guy if you ever talk to him. And I would be the first to say, and I believe I did, that he should have stepped down three years ago. I think an Orange Bowl gets you five more years. And we were a field goal away from another ACC championship game during that time. But the last three years were not good.

I remember when everyone was in a panic about the Arkansas offer. He probably should have taken it.

Jim Grobe talking in the media about Wake Forest and his time here as a coach is a WFU "problem." Anything he says is worth being discussed on the board.

Anything that resembles a shot at Wake Forest is going to draw sharp criticism given the way his tenure ended here and what was apparently an unwillingness on his part to make some necessary changes.

If anyone needs to "get over" anything, you probably need to get over seeing Grobe criticized on the board.

Grobe isn't your problem anymore. That includes you OGB. Get over it already. Let's see if Clawson delivers a championship in his tenure.

I like Jim Grebe too, but I just don't get why he's saying the things he's saying publicly. I'm sure there is a good bit of truth to what he's saying, but there's no need to say them now. It sounds like sour grapes and always thought Grobe was better than that. He should've kept it to himself, ride out on the Harley to start the 2016 season to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the ACC title year and take a bow.

Jim Grobe talking in the media about Wake Forest and his time here as a coach is a WFU "problem." Anything he says is worth being discussed on the board.

Anything that resembles a shot at Wake Forest is going to draw sharp criticism given the way his tenure ended here and what was apparently an unwillingness on his part to make some necessary changes.

If anyone needs to "get over" anything, you probably need to get over seeing Grobe criticized on the board.

I'm peeing myself. You guys are a trip. Nobody on this planet gives a shit. But you guys getting your panties in a wad about an old, retired coach talking about zigging when he should have zagged is really quite entertaining.

I'm peeing myself. You guys are a trip. Nobody on this planet gives a shit. But you guys getting your panties in a wad about an old, retired coach talking about zigging when he should have zagged is really quite entertaining.

That's why they make depends.

Back