• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

LOL there is nothing more pussified than parents complaining that they have to alter their precious morning schedule to actually take care of their devil spawn. Sorry you couldn't make it 7:30 pilates sweetheart.

hey, take it easy on him. he's had to put up with INLAWS for DAYS for NO REASON.

I'm disagreeing that it went where they originally forecast it would go. That graphic you linked was their projections as it updated over time, which obviously takes into account where it actually is at the time of each update, so the margin for error gets smaller and smaller the more time elapses. So yeah, if they keep updating the forecast eventually the forecast is going to overlap with reality because the possible deviations get smaller and smaller over time. Just like if Vegas keeps moving the line throughout the game, by the time you get to the end of the 4th quarter the line is going to match the final score pretty closely.

What they really need to do is overlay their static projection from like last Monday with the ultimate actual path and see if it lines up.

Dude, when the storm was over 1300 miles away, they made an error of about 120 miles in the predicted US landfall location. That is a pretty fucking good prediction.

Dude, when the storm was over 1300 miles away, they made an error of about 120 miles in the predicted US landfall location. That is a pretty fucking good prediction.

Not good enough if you are a jackass like 2&2

I am on the east side of Tampa and I never lost power and yet my kids will be out of school for seven full days. Is this some bone to the teacher's union?

I am on the east side of Tampa and I never lost power and yet my kids will be out of school for seven full days. Is this some bone to the teacher's union?

The Florida teacher's union is often getting boned by 15 year old boys.

Last edited:
Nice 11 day vacation less than a month after school starts

For some reason the Super cancels the entire district instead of school by school voluntary basis.

Not when the land mass they are trying to predict it for is only about 350 miles wide. Nobody gives a shit about the other 950 miles.

2&2 probably doesn't understand why sometimes it snows 4" or 8" when the meteorologists call for 6" three days before the storm hits.

Not when the land mass they are trying to predict it for is only about 350 miles wide. Nobody gives a shit about the other 950 miles.

This is dumb. That Hurricane could have gone any direction or petered out all together. The meteorologist predicted it would ride the northern edge of the lesser Antilles to just north of Puerto Rico, slide south of the Bahamas and hit Cuba, all in an east to West Motion, before turning north and hitting south Florida. They made this prediction before it even hit Barbuda, 1300 miles away from Florida. This is like hitting off the tee and landing your ball about 35 yards from the pin on a on a 400 yard par 4. And to be fair to the meteorologists, every single prediction they offered you had the "cone of uncertainty" around it; 120 miles was well within the expected range of uncertainty.

Oh the anger and bitterness will certainly intensify, but I don't share the political beliefs that 2&2 does, nor do I walk around with the smug self-importance that many of you do.

Brasky is an all-time great poster. He needn't change a thing.

This is dumb. That Hurricane could have gone any direction or petered out all together. The meteorologist predicted it would ride the northern edge of the lesser Antilles to just north of Puerto Rico, slide south of the Bahamas and hit Cuba, all in an east to West Motion, before turning north and hitting south Florida. They made this prediction before it even hit Barbuda, 1300 miles away from Florida. This is like hitting off the tee and landing your ball about 35 yards from the pin on a on a 400 yard par 4. And to be fair to the meteorologists, every single prediction they offered you had the "cone of uncertainty" around it; 120 miles was well within the expected range of uncertainty.

Reason has no place in this discussion.

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (crushes the lower keys; ghost loads the SW su...

Nice 11 day vacation less than a month after school starts

For some reason the Super cancels the entire district instead of school by school voluntary basis.

Each school deciding when they want to open their school would be a logistical nightmare on multiple levels. Hillsborough County Schools is the 9th largest district in the entire country.

Makeup days are going to cut into Christmas vacation and early release Mondays will probably cease. That's not a "bone" to teachers who were eager to get a full week in. Now they're going to be well behind schedule and have to revise lesson plans, etc. And that's assuming they've made it back.

If childcare is an issue, check out Kids Park in Wesley Chapel near the I-75/275 junction. It's like a pay as you go daycare.

Last edited:
A lot of schools systems in Fl will be still being used as shelters or staging areas for utility workers through Friday.

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (crushes the lower keys; ghost loads the SW surge)

Say what you will about FL but overall the infrastructure and building codes are pretty fucking great, miles ahead of other places. There are certainly exceptions, you'll always have trailer parks and stuff, but for so much coastal low lying terrain, the infrastructure is great and held up and prevented tons of damage / catastrophy /loss of life.

Back