• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

Say what you will about FL but overall the infrastructure and building codes are pretty fucking great, miles ahead of other places. There are certainly exceptions, you'll always have trailer parks and stuff, but for so much coastal low lying terrain, the infrastructure is great and held up and prevented tons of damage / catastrophy /loss of life.

Florida dodged bullet on surge

Yeah and they say Tampa is not prepared for a big one and Jacksonville is getting flooding, but you don't see collapses and stuff

Starting to get survivor's guilt. The latest estimate is homes in my neighborhood without power won't get it back until next Friday.

So apparently my wedding at a resort in Key Largo next Saturday is still on. Should be an interesting weekend...

Do they have running water back yet? I read last night a large portion of the area still doesn't have electricity or water with no set timetable. As far as I can tell, the Keys are closed to the public still.

This part did make me shake my head a bit:

"At Snappers, a restaurant and bar in Key Largo, patrons cheered Thursday when asked if they were riding out the storm, and owner Peter Althius said he wasn't leaving until "the s**t hit the fan."

Returning Sunday, a CNN crew found splinters where Snappers' outdoor bar previously stood. Irma had blown most of it into a fence surrounding neighboring businesses. "

That's about right.

This part did make me shake my head a bit:

"At Snappers, a restaurant and bar in Key Largo, patrons cheered Thursday when asked if they were riding out the storm, and owner Peter Althius said he wasn't leaving until "the s**t hit the fan."

Returning Sunday, a CNN crew found splinters where Snappers' outdoor bar previously stood. Irma had blown most of it into a fence surrounding neighboring businesses. "

That's about right.

Can't trust CNN news though. They probably made the story up for RATINGS.

Can't trust CNN news though. They probably made the story up for RATINGS.

I was watching live when they returned to the bar on Sunday - it was a little contrived - "Let's turn down this random street to check on damage. Oh my! It's the bar that we were at on Thursday. What an amazing coincidence!"

University of Miami pushed back classes to Sept 25. They are extending the semester from Dec 5 to Dec 20 and getting rid of final exam week. Coral Gables was hit very hard.

Comes with the mascot, I guess.

Last edited:
I was watching live when they returned to the bar on Sunday - it was a little contrived - "Let's turn down this random street to check on damage. Oh my! It's the bar that we were at on Thursday. What an amazing coincidence!"

Yeah, I saw that as well.

Back