• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Duggar, Pervert

I don't follow or care for Dunham and hadn't heard that. But there seems to be a difference between little kids doing that type of thing and a teen boy molesting a younger kid.

And a difference between admitting it in your autobiography and covering it up for a decade, including waiting 16 months to notify law enforcement

Yea, comparing young kids who know nothing about sex or the body to a teenager who has been through puberty and has actual sexual desires is just laughable.

Honestly, it is easy to hate on the Duggars and they deserve most of the hate they get for being raging hypocrites, but if god forbid I was ever in that situation i don't think it is just an easy call to alert the authorities in the case of some fondling. It would depend on the circumstances and what actually happened. Once you go down that road, you are opening your child up to criminal prosecution and being deemed a sex offender for life and quite possibly ruining their life. When you look at most of the studies that have been conducted, recidivism rates for this kind of juvenile sex offense are very low and they can just be developmental issues instead of some indication of future deviant behavior.

He did it to five different girls. This isn't a case of some fondling on one occasion. Ultimately, they probably ruined three more of their childrens' and another girl's lives.

Well, living in that fucked up family probably does a number on anybody, but Jill and Jessa were two and their lives don't appear to be ruined.

I seriously doubt what he did as described ruined anybody's life.

Last edited:
Recording an anti-LGBT rights robocall that specifically criticized sex offenders is pretty rough. They deliberately ignored two confessions from their son before finally acting after the third confession over 16 months. Their son might have also been classified as a sex offender too had they followed AR laws. To record a message calling out people convicted of similar offenses is highly unethical. Can't imagine what the babysitter and her family think of the Duggars' actions. Family brought in a sexual abuse counselor to speak to their youngest children last year. After learning about what had happened, she claims she told the family they should have turned their son in and he should have never lived in that house again. The dad's description of what happening is extremely detailed. Don't see how he could have described exactly what happened simply by interviewing his kids. They may have had security footage of the encounters and destroyed potential evidence. This is a family who forbids male to female face to face hugging.

Last edited:
He did it to five different girls. This isn't a case of some fondling on one occasion. Ultimately, they probably ruined three more of their childrens' and another girl's lives.

2 of the sisters were apparently on Fox today saying it wasn't a big deal

I just today learned that the Family Research Council headquarters is in the building connected to mine.

Recording an anti-LGBT rights robocall that specifically criticized sex offenders is pretty rough. They deliberately ignored two confessions from their son before finally acting after the third confession over 16 months. Their son might have also been classified as a sex offender too had they followed AR laws. To record a message calling out people convicted of similar offenses is highly unethical. Can't imagine what the babysitter and her family think of the Duggars' actions. Family brought in a sexual abuse counselor to speak to their youngest children last year. After learning about what had happened, she claims she told the family they should have turned their son in and he should have never lived in that house again. The dad's description of what happening is extremely detailed. Don't see how he could have described exactly what happened simply by interviewing his kids. They may have had security footage of the encounters and destroyed potential evidence. This is a family who forbids male to female face to face hugging.

Eesh. To be honest. The family lifestyle probably had a lot to do with the action. Forbidden fruit. I doubt any sort of dialogue. Lots of siblings not enough parental oversight because of the sheer number of children. Throw in a sexual weakness in a young and emerging teenager with no real outlet to explore and you ha r a recipe for disaster. There is a reason you shouldn't have more kids than you can legitimately parent. Stuff happens with kids and you have to be present to discipline and sometimes catch bad actions before they actually happen.

So sad for the girls.

Eesh. To be honest. The family lifestyle probably had a lot to do with the action. Forbidden fruit. I doubt any sort of dialogue. Lots of siblings not enough parental oversight because of the sheer number of children. Throw in a sexual weakness in a young and emerging teenager with no real outlet to explore and you ha r a recipe for disaster. There is a reason you shouldn't have more kids than you can legitimately parent. Stuff happens with kids and you have to be present to discipline and sometimes catch bad actions before they actually happen.

So sad for the girls.

Excellent post

I just today learned that the Family Research Council headquarters is in the building connected to mine.

might want to change the avatar...

2 of the sisters were apparently on Fox today saying it wasn't a big deal

Nothing like going on national television to let people know your older brother molesting you wasn't such a big deal. ugh

Last edited:
They didn't say it was no big deal. They didn't know about it until their parents told them since they were asleep. They were upset and felt conflicted that their brother would so something like that to them, but they forgave him and eventually learned to trust him again. Their parents put locks on their doors and restricted access in general.

Last edited:
Watched the second interview too. Daughters were justifiably upset by the disclosures and rightfully so, but also thought the interview was even more scripted and hamfisted to push a narrative and the Fox brand even more than the first interview. Originally didn't know anything about the Duggars, so was shocked by some of their rules (no "front" hugging, no handholding before engagement, no kissing before marriage). The troubling stuff was that parents had knowledge of three incidents of molestation over 16 months before they sought help. Have no idea why publicist would think disclosing that would be helpful. Or a 14 year old boy molesting his 5 year old sister.

Second segment focused on the cops and media. Get the Fox mantra that libs are bad and conservatives are good, but nobody thinks that being disgusted by unwanted touching by adolescents is a function of political ideology. Think that it was rseasonable for the Duggars to be upset about the leaks, but there are FOIA laws too so they may have come out eventually anyway. If there was no bad behavior, there's no story. Nobody forced them to become reality stars either. They could have lived the exact same lives and none of it would have become newsworthy. Know nothing about the show and its ratings/economics, but Duggars will become conservative cult heroes like Bristol Palin, Paula Dean, or Duck Dynasty. Just don't see advertisers lining up to fund a show featuring a family who deliberately ignored child abuse, no matter how much dedicated viewers hate liberal media.

Back