• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

I mean seventh place is clearly bigger than second.

I mean now you don't have to play in Europe, you're a lock to go back to the top! It's so easy!

OK so this is just back to DV being a deluded idiot, so this seems like a good time to jump off the train before it gets going again.

Enjoy your den of hypocrisy.

OK so this is just back to DV being a deluded idiot, so this seems like a good time to jump off the train before it gets going again.

Enjoy your den of hypocrisy.

we will enjoy being able to freely discuss Wake athletics (and pretty much anything else) in the threads of our choosing. thanks!

Just because the team you are rooting for losses, that doesn't mean that the ref was out to get them.

At best Emenike is even with Evra, and while even is onside, you can't really fault an AR for missing that split-second decision.

Robben should have been booked in the first half, but Mexico lost because they missed their chances before they went up 1-0, then after they went up Herrera invited Dutch pressure by subbing off dos Santos. LvG took the invitation and brought on Depay and switch formations to a 4-3-3. That kept Mexico's wingbacks pinged back as well as allowing Holland's converted full backs (Kuyt and Martins Indi) to get forward will relative ease and no real concern of being beaten on the counter.

Oh, and Holland also won because Marquez fouled Robben in the box in stoppage time by making a stupid, careless lunge when he had 3 or 4 defenders there to help him with the player.

I mean seventh place is clearly bigger than second.

I mean now you don't have to play in Europe, you're a lock to go back to the top! It's so easy!

Oh, you meant a one season result. I thought we were talking trophies. My mistake.

Congratulations on your 2nd place finish and not winning the Premier League. I hope it felt amazing.

Since there is no doubt in my mind that you are still lurking...

You were wrong. Again. Like you are 95% of the time. Keep telling us how smart you think yourself to be, slick. Please.

2qmdgmg.jpg

IFAB Decision 1:
Consideration should be given to any part of the head, body or feet of the attacker in relation to the second last defender,the ball or the halfway line. For the purposes of this decision, the arms are not considered to be part of the body.

If an AR is not totally sure about an offside offence, the flag should not be raised.
----
Translation: you are wrong. There is no way the AR could be totally sure, because they were even except for the attacker's arm, which does not count. The call was blown.

Not crawling back. If some complete idiot is going to post a load of garbage on MY thread, seems incumbent upon me to set the record straight.

It is pretty funny though that someone that claims to know the sport could be so wrong about something so simple.

Once I'm satisfied that idiots are no longer posting foolishness on this thread, then I can go away and not give a shit about this trash board like I did for quite a long time before.

Since there is no doubt in my mind that you are still lurking...

You were wrong. Again. Like you are 95% of the time. Keep telling us how smart you think yourself to be, slick. Please.

2qmdgmg.jpg

IFAB Decision 1:
Consideration should be given to any part of the head, body or feet of the attacker in relation to the second last defender,the ball or the halfway line. For the purposes of this decision, the arms are not considered to be part of the body.

If an AR is not totally sure about an offside offence, the flag should not be raised.
----
Translation: you are wrong. There is no way the AR could be totally sure, because they were even except for the attacker's arm, which does not count. The call was blown.

So even though Emenike's head is further to the left of the line than Evra's head.
And even though Emenike has much broad shoulders than Evra -- he is a much bigger dude, afterall. Which means his right shoulder would be even closer to the French goal than Evra's right shoulder would be at that moment.

You still want to say that he wasn't slightly offside? Fantastic.

And I'm sure the AR guessed a little bit, but the call was the correct one.

"Louis van Gaal is maybe the best tactically there is in the world."

- Dirk Kuyt

the rest of the quote:
“It doesn’t matter what system we are playing the players know exactly what to do.
“He told us before the game already that we could switch system if we were 1-0 down.
“We switched to 4-3-3 then 15 minutes before the end of the game he decided to put an extra striker to play longer balls and looks for second balls and we managed to score a goal so his tactics were once again spot on.”

The Dutch tactical genius Van Gaal looked completely clueless and useless today.

Is this what we have to look forward to in the Premiership? Lose Moyes, gain Louis Van Allardyce? Hell I don't think even Big Sam ever played 3 pure centerbacks among five defenders, with an offensively useless defensive mid and a left winger that could neither play left footed or be a threat cutting inside on his right.

And then his big tactical change was to take off a defender, bring on a defender, and move two other defenders for his new left wingback -- who has probably never played left wingback in his life -- to slow down every attack that went through him in the second half? That was a sub that actually made the team worse.

I mean seriously I've obviously watched a helluva lot of Dirk Kuyt, love the guy and own his 2010 Netherlands shirt, and even I was thinking he is just killing their attack.

I don't feel bad not supporting the Dutch this time now because this wasn't Dutch football at all. It's fortunate that Rinus Michels isn't alive to have seen the last four games -- one open play goal and it was on a stoppage-time counter when the other team had to score.

He said he had a plan to stop Messi -- and I guess he did. Well done there, enjoy the third place game. Such a terrible game in such a great World Cup.

Back