• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep the tournament out of Greensboro

The ACC really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, we have the same number of teams in the top 30 of KenPom as the Big East...we just have more shitty teams which will come around.

Out of 96 hours, basketball games take up 5 hours per two game session (2 Th, 2 Fri, 1 Sat) with two teams plus an additional 2 hours for the championship. Toss in an extra hour and thats 28 hours. Add in three nights sleep and thats 52 hours total. Theres still another 44 hours to account for.

This really bothers you more than it should.

I love how everyone hates on DC as a location and then complains that there is nothing to do around the stadium in Greensboro and Atlanta.

I don't think anyone bashed DC as a location. They just alluded to the poor attendance/atmosphere at the tournament in 2005. DC >>>>>>> Greensboro, but that doesn't mean the tournament should be held there more frequently.

Out of 96 hours, basketball games take up 5 hours per two game session (2 Th, 2 Fri, 1 Sat) with two teams plus an additional 2 hours for the championship. Toss in an extra hour and thats 28 hours. Add in three nights sleep and thats 52 hours total. Theres still another 44 hours to account for.

If you're going to parse it this far, why not go ahead and factor in the amount of time brushing your teeth, in the shower, on the can, waiting for the elevator, double checking that you have your tickets, unlocking your car, driving to the arena, paying for parking, finding a spot, making sure that you locked your car... you're now left with 40 hours... but that's assuming that there's no traffic so we'll toss in an extra hour to and fro so you've now got 39 hours. Don't forget the continental breakfast which we'll say takes 30 mins each day (1.5 hours total). While at one of the games, you run into a classmate and decide to grab a couple of cold ones... there's around 4 hours gone. There's a good movie on one morning so you watch that for 2.5 hours. Oh my God... what to do with the remaining 31 hours?!?

The ACC really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, we have the same number of teams in the top 30 of KenPom as the Big East...we just have more shitty teams which will come around.

What I have always contended, right or wrong, the ACC in basketball is at it's best when all Big 4 teams are relevant along with Ga Tech and Maryland. I am happy for what Leonard Hamilton has accomplished at FSU and Miami has been pretty good this year but realistically there's not much interest in basketball at those schools.

I will admit to being a fan Greensboro for the tournament in part because of the convience factor ie close to where I live. Tampa is a horrible place to host it, DC I think could be good under the right circumstances and I think Charlotte is pretty good as well.

Last edited:
basically, it should rotate between boston, nyc, DC, charlotte, and tampa. with nuACC, that's totally fair.

If you're going to parse it this far, why not go ahead and factor in the amount of time brushing your teeth, in the shower, on the can, waiting for the elevator, double checking that you have your tickets, unlocking your car, driving to the arena, paying for parking, finding a spot, making sure that you locked your car... you're now left with 40 hours... but that's assuming that there's no traffic so we'll toss in an extra hour to and fro so you've now got 39 hours. Don't forget the continental breakfast which we'll say takes 30 mins each day (1.5 hours total). While at one of the games, you run into a classmate and decide to grab a couple of cold ones... there's around 4 hours gone. There's a good movie on one morning so you watch that for 2.5 hours. Oh my God... what to do with the remaining 31 hours?!?

lol @ driving

with places like NYC, DC, or even Tampa, there are several airports you can fly into with lots of cheap flights daily. makes it easy and cheap for the most people to get to.

Bullshit. UNC, Duke, FSU are tournament teams, with maybe a fourth thrown in. ACC is not good.

they had it in dc when CP3 was suspended for the nut punch. pretty sure attendance was terrible, also md lost in the first round.

I was living in Maryland and went to this. Attendence was pretty good for the Wake/State game. It was a preview of what to expect post CP3. It was one of the more miserable experiences of my life.

The Big East realized after just one year that having the tournament where your headquarters are located is a bad idea.

Greensboro could use some updating, but I'd still much rather have the tournament there than in places like Atlanta, Tampa, or DC. North Carolina is the center of ACC basketball and the tournament should be played there, same reason that the Big Ten Tournament is held in Indianapolis rather than in Chicago.

Greensboro could use some updating, but I'd still much rather have the tournament there than in places like Atlanta, Tampa, or DC. North Carolina is the center of ACC basketball and the tournament should be played there, same reason that the Big Ten Tournament is held in Indianapolis rather than in Chicago.

Guess where its played next year?

Besides, Big 10 HQ are in Chicago

Besides, Indianapolis shits all over Greensboro anyways and that doesn't disprove my point at all

ESPN goes to negotiate a TV deal....which HQ do you think get more respect?

422119.png

422120.jpg

Back