• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Labor/Workers movements thread

I can't wait to eat some CEOs when the apocalypse finally gets here

Looks like the average rail worker doesn't need to go to college and has an average total comp of $160k/yr, yet they're complaining about wanting more sick time.
Which is it? Are they vital to the economy or are they replaceable low skilled workers with amazing immune systems?

hasn't been a banner year for rich/important ppl security tbh

Looks like the average rail worker doesn't need to go to college and has an average total comp of $160k/yr, yet they're complaining about wanting more sick time.

Dude why do you insist on commenting on a labor dispute when you don’t even know what’s being disputed? If you Google “railway strike” the first result is literally a goddamned NPR article that states what the hold-up is, and it’s not compensation. Stop being a lazy troll and read.

this UC-UAW labor dispute isn't gonna get resolved anytime soon, either

UAW has almost all the leverage as finals rapidly approach

it's a good time to be in a labor union

I'm as right wing as they come, but the wage gap is something that isn't healthy at these levels. I think I saw something that said that the old high gap was 2-300 times average.

You also need to tax to pay for things.

Unions can be good like higher ed until it becomes just a shell game to keep growing the admin.

House votes to avert rail strike, impose deal on unions

Business groups including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the American Farm Bureau Federation have warned that halting rail service would cause a devastating $2 billion per day hit to the economy.

Business groups and the Association of American Railroads trade association praised the House vote to block the strike but urged senators to resist adding sick time to the deal.

Sometimes you just need to see who is on your side to realize that you're on the wrong side.

Back