• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ladies and gentleman...the worst human ever

Yeah I mean I guess there might be some situations where people "milk" maternity leave and then quit but with no guarantee of pay under the FMLA i can't imagine many companies offer paid leave.

Gonna be tough for the employer (assuming they're a covered employer and the employee met the hours requirement) to get around the timing on firing right away. Obviously Massachusetts is liberal but up here that timing shifts the burden almost immediately to the employer to articulate legitimate business reason.

Is "she got fat and is no longer attractive" a legitimate business reason?

the only good thing I got out of working at BoA was milking every bit of those 12 weeks of paternity leave

Damn I only got 2 weeks and my boss at the time would make you feel bad about taking those days.

Really? Name a few

Both my former firm (multi-national 900ish lawyer firm) and my current firm (small boutique firm with 7 lawyers) give 3 months paid maternity leave. I think it is standard for most big law firms.

ETA: at my old firm, officially they also gave 3 months paid paternity leave, but I don't know a single male who took it - maybe a week at most. Both included adoptions.

Last edited:
the only good thing I got out of working at BoA was milking every bit of those 12 weeks of paternity leave

SEE!? This is what I'm talking about!

Drag on earnings. Thanks TARP!

Sure, but that basically allows women who have no intention of coming back to work to game the system and get paid maternity leave, while their coworkers bust their asses for 12 weeks because they can't backfill the position.

Plus, it helps jack up the company's future health insurance rate because it adds another pregnancy to the profile, without getting the benefits of the post-pregnancy employee. Hence another legit reason for the male-female pay disparity that nobody wants to hear.

I know several dudes who have taken that. Of course, they have been ridiculed ever since, but they definitely enjoyed it at the time. Personally, I couldn't wait to get back to the office for some relative peace and quiet.

Plus, it helps jack up the company's future health insurance rate because it adds another pregnancy to the profile, without getting the benefits of the post-pregnancy employee. Hence another legit reason for the male-female pay disparity that nobody wants to hear.

I know several dudes who have taken that. Of course, they have been ridiculed ever since, but they definitely enjoyed it at the time. Personally, I couldn't wait to get back to the office for some relative peace and quiet.

Ah yes, the party of family values peeks its head out again. Paying women less for being mothers and ridiculing fathers for taking paternity time. Bravo!

Last edited:

i'd rather hang out with my kids over doing work for the man any day

Ah yes, the party of family values peeks its head out again. Paying women less for being mothers and ridiculing fathers for taking paternity time. Bravo!

Ah, I forgot. Why should business (especially small businesses) expect that their employees actually show up and do something to justify their paycheck?

Ah, I forgot. Why should business (especially small businesses) expect that their employees actually show up and do something to justify their paycheck?

Dear women,

We don't like your birth control.
We don't like unplanned pregnancies.
We don't like abortions.
We don't like when you have babies.

Love,
The GOP

Yeah, heaven forbid that somebody try to tie an individual's compensation to the revenue that he/she actually generates for his/her employer.

Yeah, heaven forbid that somebody try to tie an individual's compensation to the revenue that he/she actually generates for his/her employer.
Lots of women never get pregnant, they shouldn't be penalized for having a uterus. If you make your living solo, feel free to stick everything to the bottom line, but if you need the help of other people to make your money you should factor in other peoples freedoms and problems into your earnings expectations.

Lots of women never get pregnant, they shouldn't be penalized for having a uterus. If you make your living solo, feel free to stick everything to the bottom line, but if you need the help of other people to make your money you should factor in other peoples freedoms and problems into your earnings expectations.

Right, which is a reason why women get paid less. Lots of women never get pregnant, but lots of them do, and they are free to do so. But the employer is also free to respond accordingly when their bottom line is affected. If a company is constantly having to train new people because the prior ones bailed and never came back (via a way that is illegal to prevent against like you could with a Noncompete for someone simply changing jobs), then that has a legitimate effect on the company's resources, and they can adjust salaries accordingly. If their #analytics and #advancedstats show that 40% of their female employees will leave to have a kid and then not come back for 2 years (if ever) such that they have to incur the downtime to train someone else who may end up doing the same thing and perpetuate the cycle, then why shouldn't they be able to factor those resources into their payscale?

Ladies and gentlemen...the worst human ever.

Back