• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ladies and gentleman...the worst human ever

Right, which is a reason why women get paid less. Lots of women never get pregnant, but lots of them do, and they are free to do so. But the employer is also free to respond accordingly when their bottom line is affected. If a company is constantly having to train new people because the prior ones bailed and never came back (via a way that is illegal to prevent against like you could with a Noncompete for someone simply changing jobs), then that has a legitimate effect on the company's resources, and they can adjust salaries accordingly. If their #analytics and #advancedstats show that 40% of their female employees will leave to have a kid and then not come back for 2 years (if ever) such that they have to incur the downtime to train someone else who may end up doing the same thing and perpetuate the cycle, then why shouldn't they be able to factor those resources into their payscale?
Slippery slope getting into demographic analytics for hiring and salary purposes. "All women" is a pretty broad stroke, how long until the market tightens the filter even further for efficiency and bottomline's sake?

One in three black males in America will end up in prison. Should you pay black people less because of EV? Really scary slippery slope here.

white men are more likely to fuck off on message boards and fantasy sports sites; why should i get paid less because I don't play a socially sanctioned version of Dungeons & Dragons during work hours?

One in three black males in America will end up in prison. Should you pay black people less because of EV? Really scary slippery slope here.

Not really sure how it is slippery. I don't think you can say there has never been white employee who has ended up in prison. I do think you you can say that there has never been a male employee who got pregnant. There is a pretty solid distinction between the two.

Not really sure how it is slippery. I don't think you can say there has never been white employee who has ended up in prison. I do think you you can say that there has never been a male employee who got pregnant. There is a pretty solid distinction between the two.

So you're picking and choosing when it's ok to play the salary sliding scale game then.

white men are more likely to fuck off on message boards and fantasy sports sites; why should i get paid less because I don't play a socially sanctioned version of Dungeons & Dragons during work hours?

Ohhhh, taking shots at fantasy sports nerds. You will be smited verily.

If it is my company, then yes of course, it happens every day. Do you pay the same salary to someone who has a college degree versus one who doesn't? How about an MBA? Somebody who knows Office versus someone who doesn't? Someone who has experience versus someone who doesn't? Do any of those differences predict job performance to every person exactly? Not at all, but they are accepted reasons for your "salary sliding scale game" based on historical indicators. There are reasons why not everybody makes the same amount, this is just another reason.

quick question: how hot is the mom in question? b/c we'd defs pay more for a MILF, amirite?

If it is my company, then yes of course, it happens every day. Do you pay the same salary to someone who has a college degree versus one who doesn't? How about an MBA? Somebody who knows Office versus someone who doesn't? Someone who has experience versus someone who doesn't? Do any of those differences predict job performance to every person exactly? Not at all, but they are accepted reasons for your "salary sliding scale game" based on historical indicators. There are reasons why not everybody makes the same amount, this is just another reason.

All of those are based on merit and achievement. None are based on physical nature of the human beings in question.

But there have certainly been men that have left their jobs after having children, whether it be to stay at home, to find a job with better hours, or to find a better paying job. And then their former employer is stuck training a new person to take over.

Does 2&2 have a company because his comments would help anyone that would like to file a discrimination suit against him the future.

All of those are based on merit and achievement. None are based on physical nature of the human beings in question.

Bullshit. Someone having a degree from Harvard versus someone having a degree from UNCG isn't based on the physical nature of the human beings in question? If it is a labor-intensive job and one person can do twice the work of another, that isn't based on the physical nature of the person in question? If one pilot scores higher on his simluator tests than another, that isn't based on the physical nature of the person in question? All of those are examples of setting salary based on expected performance arising from one form of their physical nature or another.

Or put another way, you're comparing being a woman to not having a college degree, not having basic competencies, and not having experience.

But there have certainly been men that have left their jobs after having children, whether it be to stay at home, to find a job with better hours, or to find a better paying job. And then their former employer is stuck training a new person to take over.

Sure, so if a company has been hit with a rash of dudes leaving because of parental reasons, then they should be free to adjust the pay of potential fathers accordingly.

Bullshit. Someone having a degree from Harvard versus someone having a degree from UNCG isn't based on the physical nature of the human beings in question? If it is a labor-intensive job and one person can do twice the work of another, that isn't based on the physical nature of the person in question? If one pilot scores higher on his simluator tests than another, that isn't based on the physical nature of the person in question? All of those are examples of setting salary based on expected performance arising from one form of their physical nature or another.

Right, but you're saying all of those things being equal, you'd take a man over a woman because UTERUS.

Yeah and I'm sure that down here in the real world, far away from your theories on what "should" happen is the land where your situation is far, far less likely to occur than what actually does occur: discrimination on the basis of gender.

Right, but you're saying all of those things being equal, you'd take a man over a woman because UTERUS.

So what? All other things being equal, I'm taking the dude who was smart enough to get the Harvard degree over the dude who got the UNCG degree because of BRAIN.

Women of the United States: The GOP is the party for you!

Back