• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Least funny long-running sitcom

In the last 30 years, what was the least funny, long-running sitcom?

• Home Improvement

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Will and Grace

• Family Matters

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Mad About You

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • According to Jim

Votes: 56 45.2%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the #1 trait i look for in my television viewing experience is plausibility. it really makes the show. real life is stranger than fiction!

You're ridiculous. You talk about implausible characters and cliched situations, and then you slobber all over Cheers? Nearly every episode of Cheers was based on some ridiculous cliche of bar life and silly characters that became caricatures of themselves.

And I think Cheers was great. But so was Seinfeld.

Seinfeld is just not funny to me, but apparently everyone HAS to like it, or else they must be too stupid to get its brilliance.

I've never liked a sitcom enough to denigrate the candle power of others who don't share the same taste. That compulsion comes from a really odd place.

Seinfeld is just not funny to me, but apparently everyone HAS to like it, or else they must be too stupid to get its brilliance.

I've never liked a sitcom enough to denigrate the candle power of others who don't share the same taste. That compulsion comes from a really odd place.

no you made that up. you basically called all of us stupid for liking such a "cliched" sitcom because, in your mind, we all like it because everyone else does, and you're better than us for NOT liking it. its as though you're doing it just to be different from everyone, which is just as bad, if not worse than liking something because everyone else does. then you throw around the emperor's new clothes like you throw around the word "naive" on the politics board as though you're really sticking it to us.

i suppose you think the beatles suck too, and we're all just wrapped up in the hippie culture.

no you made that up. you basically called all of us stupid for liking such a "cliched" sitcom because, in your mind, we all like it because everyone else does, and you're better than us for NOT liking it. its as though you're doing it just to be different from everyone, which is just as bad, if not worse than liking something because everyone else does. then you throw around the emperor's new clothes like you throw around the word "naive" on the politics board as though you're really sticking it to us.i suppose you think the beatles suck too, and we're all just wrapped up in the hippie culture.

If the shoe fits...

It's not the best but I find myself watching reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond when I'm at home in the afternoon and it's pretty funny. Frank and Marie are hilarious characters and it is an excellent acting performance

It's not the best but I find myself watching reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond when I'm at home in the afternoon and it's pretty funny. Frank and Marie are hilarious characters and it is an excellent acting performance
Never enjoyed that show, but maybe because I am also a younger brother and my parents favored my older brother, which was a big premise of the show.

This is a fine list to choose from, I think the following deserve consideration as well:

The Facts of Life
Perfect Strangers
Charles in Charge
Webster

I think these all lasted 6 seasons.

Perfect Strangers would have my vote, easily. Absent that, I'll go for whatever has Paul Reiser.
This isn't just a post I don't remember, it makes me wonder "what was I thinking?" All of those listed above elicit... nothing. Not hate, not even dislike, pure apathy and I wouldn't even think to nominate them for such a list today. I think that's because the Wayne Gretzky of unfunny long-running sitcoms happened in the meantime. I'm talking Chuck Lorre. Today I'd nominate

Chuck Lorre sitcom 1
Chuck Lorre sitcom 2
Chuck Lorre sitcom 3
Continue until all Chuck Lorre sitcoms are listed.

I didn't know "Bob loves Abishola" even existed until opening this thread and checking Lorre's imdb page.

Just looked it up and Chuck Lorre has an estimated net worth of $600MM JFC

Back