• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lefites playing dirty (BKF should be happy)

It's hilarious that people are making hay about an increase from 8.2% to 8.3%. That's more than likely a shift of less than half a point, well inside the margin of error even for such a large survey.

Or people who had stopped looking for work are once again looking. I think we've pretty much exhausted the fact that this unemployment figure means pretty much nothing, it's just the one the media crams down your throat.

Or people who had stopped looking for work are once again looking. I think we've pretty much exhausted the fact that this unemployment figure means pretty much nothing, it's just the one the media crams down your throat.

Labor force participation once again decreased this quarter. The fact that unemployment still went up despite this bodes poorly.

Yet the jobs numbers were better than expected.

We're parsing over minor variance at this point. Things are basically unchanged.

Yet the jobs numbers were better than expected.

We're parsing over minor variance at this point. Things are basically unchanged.

After last month, this is actually good news for Obama. I think Pubs were ready to pounce on the job numbers, thinking they would be even lower than last month. Still not good, but could be worse for the Prez. The big number comes first of October anyway.

All is fair in love and politics, but this strikes me as the "Craig James killed 5 prostitutes" kind of thing. Also, I read in one article that it is illegal (campaign rules) to campaign on the Senate floor (can someone with a better understanding of campaign law clarify this?). Wouldn't this meet that level of campaigning? Also, does anyone know if it is true that Harry Reid still beats his wife?

All is fair in love and politics, but this strikes me as the "Craig James killed 5 prostitutes" kind of thing. Also, I read in one article that it is illegal (campaign rules) to campaign on the Senate floor (can someone with a better understanding of campaign law clarify this?). Wouldn't this meet that level of campaigning? Also, does anyone know if it is true that Harry Reid still beats his wife?

I see what you did there.

OOOPS - http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...alled-for-tax-transparency-in-past-campaigns/

Romney and his current campaign spokesman did the SAME thing to a gubenatorial opponent in 2002.

Romney himself did it:

"Mitt hits O’Brien on hubby’s Enron ties.
Article from: The Boston Herald
April 17, 2002
Guarino, David R.

One day after balking at releasing his own tax returns, Republican Mitt Romney’s campaign yesterday accused Democrat Shannon O’Brien of covering up her husband’s past lobbying work, including his ties to failed energy giant Enron.

“Her hands aren’t clean,” said Romney deputy campaign manager Eric Fehrnstrom of O’Brien’s release of her tax return but not the filings of her husband, longtime lobbyist R. Emmett Hayes. “She can’t claim to be disclosing anything until she discloses the returns of her husband, the Enron lobbyist. Under Shannon O’Brien, the state Pension Board lost millions by buying Enron stock when it was collapsing - what is she hiding?”

Once again Mitt Romney proves himself to being a flip flopping liar. Once again the question must be asked -is there a lie Mitt Romney won't tell to give himself a chance to win an election?

The man has no integrity. He is now a Nixon level liar.

Good point.

Good point. He's still an a$$ for doing it, but you're prolly right that it was a diversion right before an econ announcement that they thought might contain bad news.

Truer words were never spoken.

It's hilarious that people are making hay about an increase from 8.2% to 8.3%. That's more than likely a shift of less than half a point, well inside the margin of error even for such a large survey.

It's still not an issue. I will admit to being wrong about one thing, though. Harry Reid lighting his own hair on fire and making an ass of himself has kept it in the news. Not sure that's going to be a positive for Democrats, though.

There is still no drip. Has anything else come out with regard to his tax returns, aside from the leader of Congressional Democrats blatantly lying about them?

Obama's best argument for a second terms is..."the other guy is too rich"? That's reassuring. The next five years are going to be a complete cluster. Facepalm

Last edited:
Labor force participation once again decreased this quarter. The fact that unemployment still went up despite this bodes poorly.

TR, haven't you heard? It's a "jobless recovery." Everything's fine. :thumbsup:

What's the lie about the Obama "built it" comment? He said it did he not?

The lie is it's taken out context and is about roads, bridges, etc.

As to the Reid bit, it's too bad Mitt is being smacked around like he did multiple times in the past.

OOOOPPPPS!

This thread doesn't have enough OOOOOOOPPPS in it!

My bad, maybe it does!

I think we all agree that it would just be easier (and less annoying) if Romney would just release his tax returns, even it will give the Obama campaign more ammo that makes him seem like Mayor McDuck.

Of course I felt the same way about the whole birth certificate issue. That was my point.

I think we all agree that it would just be easier (and less annoying) if Romney would just release his tax returns, even it will give the Obama campaign more ammo that makes him seem like Mayor McDuck.

Of course I felt the same way about the whole birth certificate issue. That was my point.

Do you mean Mayor McCheese or Scrooge McDuck?

His birth certificate was available. The right just didn't like it. It's completely different than what Romney has done.

The two comparable.

The lie is it's taken out context and is about roads, bridges, etc.

As to the Reid bit, it's too bad Mitt is being smacked around like he did multiple times in the past.

What was the context for "lots of people work hard", part? The entire speech was bathed in a dismissive and condescending tone...and par for the course. Your lame and pathetic attempt to water it down with an equally tainted "context" is...typical.

OOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!111111

I don't agree. Let the Dems pound sand. Release Obama's college transcripts and applications first. This race has already gone hardball. Suck it up and fight. Screw the media who are in Obama's pocket. Elections have consequences and you have to be in it to win it.

Back