• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty @ WF - Saturday 9/17 5 pm - ACCN

"We've had several libs speak. Here's that guy from seven years ago."

"We've had several libs speak. Here's that guy from seven years ago."
All you can do is invite them to come and give them an audience of over 8,000 students during chapel. Conservatives often have to get police protection when speaking at state schools.

This is a school that has a culture of not only discouraging sexual assault victims from coming forward, but actually made a practice of convincing women they weren’t raped and/or using personal details of the sexual assault to basically shame them into shutting up and not pursuing anything.

This is a school whose previous president made a statement about killing Muslims while the student body cheered.

This is a school whose previous president put up tweets comparing masks to the kkk and black face- complete with visuals.

Finally, this is a school where LGBTQ students are actually expelled for making out. They are told they will never be happy and can never have families.

Despite all this, turrleboy is upset that I called them bigots during the game. They are the standard when it comes to bigots. Playing this school and giving it credibility in any way is shameful. Fuck Liberty.

All you can do is invite them to come and give them an audience of over 8,000 students during chapel. Conservatives often have to get police protection when speaking at state schools.

Progressives often get beaten by police when speaking at state schools. And people like you cheer the cops on.

Let's be real here, Cinciflame. Nobody gets upset with conservatives for talking about tax policy or federal debt reduction or debating returning to the gold standard or deregulation or actual economic conservative issues. People get upset about hate speech, anti-democracy, and fascist rhetoric that you all clothe as "conservative" to make it seem like that's just one side of the US political coin.

I hope Wake never plays Liberty again in any sport.

My perspective has nothing to do with their athletes, coaches, or facilities.

Nor is mine an especially or generally anti-Christian bias.

My aversion has to do with not wishing to lend credibility to an institution that alleges to be chiefly both Christian and one of higher learning yet whose leadership from the beginning has seemed far more interested in shallow, self-serving and toxic engagement in political and culture wars such that tremendous disservice is done to both concepts. And we are collectively worse off for their efforts, IMO.

Agree wholeheartedly with the last three posts. No more playing Liberty again in anything, ever.

Wait this is true? That seems like a very very bad idea if it’s not coordinated amongst the defensive backs.

“Every time you want to criticize Wake’s staff for playing light coverage, keep in mind that players are given option to play press or off coverage.”

LOL OK. How about criticizing Wake's staff for giving players the option to play press or off coverage? Is that allowed?

Unless you have an Alphonso Smith level talent (we don't), that is an absolutely absurd coaching practice, assuming true. Different downs, different receivers, different coverages should all demand different approaches - and we just leave it up to the kid???

Wait this is true? That seems like a very very bad idea if it’s not coordinated amongst the defensive backs.

“Every time you want to criticize Wake’s staff for playing light coverage, keep in mind that players are given option to play press or off coverage.”
I'm sure it's not as lax as, "hey go out there and play corner however you want."

I also know from talking to players over the years that they've got a lot of license to play press coverage or back off.

Well I guess that might explain why the middle crossing route seems to always be open against us and the safeties seem to be occasionally way out of position. You can’t go into a play with a corner pressing then all of a sudden not jamming and mirroring the receiver or dropping out without the rest of the defense being aware,

"- I missed Carson coming off of the field with an apparent injury. Have heard it could be a hamstring and … well, missing him for any amount of games is going to be tough. Missing him this week could be brutal."

It happened on the Salter TD. Seen here at 1:27.

Carson is at the top of the screen and pulls up grabbing his left hamstring chasing Salter to the end zone. I've seen ones that look much worse than that but no hamstring injuries are good and they always seem to linger. Would be stunned if he was able to play this week.

I do not like this. How common is it? In my WAAAAY too many years of watching football, I've never heard of such a thing.

"- I missed Carson coming off of the field with an apparent injury. Have heard it could be a hamstring and … well, missing him for any amount of games is going to be tough. Missing him this week could be brutal."

It happened on the Salter TD. Seen here at 1:27.

Carson is at the top of the screen and pulls up grabbing his left hamstring chasing Salter to the end zone. I've seen ones that look much worse than that but no hamstring injuries are good and they always seem to linger. Would be stunned if he was able to play this week.

I appreciate you!

Spent too much time breaking down why Salter had that much green turf.

It is absolutely wild how you go from feeling like they have two really good ACC corners (Carson and Holmes) and an emerging third one (Roberts) to having to play your nickel on the perimeter at the end of the game. Most of why the defense shattered against UNC last year is because Caelen and Gavin both got hurt.

I do not like this. How common is it? In my WAAAAY too many years of watching football, I've never heard of such a thing.
I mean, I've heard about it with like Deion Fucking Sanders or Ed Reed or Darrell Revis or or Richard Sherman, but not the middling DBs on a college team whose defense has been routinely shredded going on a decade now. That is ridiculous.

I mean some view points are so fucking wrong there is no place for them in society, a lot of those view points happen to reside in the ultra conservative sphere. There shouldn’t be safe space from things like economic difference but the hear out all view points when one of them is something like holocaust denialism is grotesque.

I think my fundamental problem with this and the "fuck Liberty" crowd is that who gets to set this Overton Window? You may think something is grotesque and I think something else you think is grotesque and we are never hearing differing views or opinions. For instance, I personally think telling young children they can change their gender at an age where they also think they can be a turtle is grotesque but I'm not willing to have that shut from discussion from the Left.

In the same way I don't think Liberty should be automatically excommunicated because of some views even I disagree with. The fact is you will come across people with Libertyesque views in your lifetime if you dare venture outside of Brooklyn or Berkeley and as a nation we need to be able to have rhetorical flexing of views without running kicking and screaming.

I'm not too familiar with the leadership issues people mention at Liberty and obviously those need to be corrected. I just wonder if there would be as much hoopla when we play Penn State about their leadership issues and hiding rape culture.

Random thought: how does Liberty keep getting good players, like that back #0 Hunter, who was All-State first team in Hawaii and led UH in rushing or whatever?

If he is coming to Liberty, shouldn't he instead be going to a real, top-20 program like Wake Forest?

Clawson was genuinely impressed by Liberty's skill guys (Douglas and Hunter in particular) and their coaching staff --- transfer portal for next year?

For example in the film review posted, this play

It looks like we are playing some bad cover 2 with the upper corner playing press coverage and everyone else playing off, and the corner playing press actually gets beat at the line and the receiver has inside position but the safety isn’t in a position to roll over. A good team/quarterback easily hits the now open receiver with no safety over the top.

There’s are several threads about Penn State culture. There’s even a long thread about Penn State basketball. That a bad attempt to whatabout.

The Overton window is pretty clear. The Liberty perspective is about telling other people how to live based on your own religious beliefs. It’s not an evangelical approach in which people share their faith and persuade others to follow. It’s about using political and cultural power to force people into lifestyles they don’t want to live. It’s bullying and people are against bullies.

On the flip side, abortion, same-sex marriage, trans health care doesn’t impact your life at all.

Back