• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville - Wake Forest Game Thread

Hinton didn't have picks on 3 straight possessions.

Two of those picks weren't really Wolford's fault. Kendall's turnovers bother me much more than Wolford's. Wolford generally makes good decisions, Kendall not so much

Two of those picks weren't really Wolford's fault. Kendall's turnovers bother me much more than Wolford's. Wolford generally makes good decisions, Kendall not so much

Wolford did not throw the ball well tonight. His picks were tipped but not good throws. Hinton's was a what are thinking throw, but as a true freshman you're going to get that. Both would look so much better behind an adequate offensive line though.

Wolford was horribly inaccurate in my opinion. Receivers barely got their hands on the ball which caused trip drills for ints. Thought he consistently under threw the deep ball as well. Did Phil Haynes get hurt or did he just get benched for the matador O line play. Really hate seeing the dual QB thing. Neither of our QBs are good enough to be splitting reps in practice.

Which ones? The one to Wade was clearly behind him, and Wade had no chance to catch it. The one to Serigne was hot and high on a short crossing route. You can't throw high over the middle, One because it leads to INTs, Two, because it gets receivers hurt. Perhaps Cam makes that catch 3 out of 10 times, but it was still on off target throw. The last one was an under-throw. You have to put that ball where only your guy can get it - where it is either a good catch or incomplete. On the other hand, if you throw one up for your WR to make a play, you trust that he will battle for it and at least prevent an INT. Brent didn't battle at all. Not a very good ball, but Brent let him down in allowing the INT on that one. I would say they were all bad throws, and you can't absolve Wolford on any of them; however, Serigne and Brent could have bailed him out and didn't.

That last INT. If our guy can't catch the ball he has to become a defender to make sure they don't.

A lousy offensive effort in the second half. With the exception of the two home run TD passes in the first half, a lousy offensive effort. I have kept an open mind regarding Clawson but so far have not liked what I have seen. The next time I see the OL fire out from a three point stance will be the first under Clawson. Pitiful.

I continue to be mystified by play calling. The offense is terrible even though we have much more talent at the skilled positions. At some point you have to say that the coaching is failing.

Is John Armstrong on the team? Liked him returning kicks and seems like we are getting nothing out of the kickoff return game right now.

One of the twitters said broken lower leg.
I haven't heard an official report, but was at the game sitting in end zone seats in front of bridger and Agenzio definitely broke his leg. His foot was pointing in a wrong, unnatural direction after the play and they put an air cast on him.

Quintessential loss. The score before halftime, beautiful long TD's that just get your hopes up when you know better, the blocked field goal that just didn't bounce quite right for the potentially easy score, throwing away chances to take leads, treating momentum like we were allergic to it.

Feeling especially bad for the defense and special teams guys who are doing all they can to take care of their side of the ball. Sacks, blocked field goal, safety. Effort was wasted. I hope our offensive coaches get angry with themselves first and do better for these guys.

Wins like this are just flat out what Wake has to have if we are ever going to change the narrative. First time I've seen a significant weak spot in Claw. Poorly coached in so many respects.

DeacDaddy is trying to pass on to the DeacKids his love for - not his cynicism about - WF sports. One of my greatest parenting challenges yet.

QBs were 9 for 30 with 4 INTs. Looks like neither of these guys are worth a crap if we are switching them up. That is two straight games where Wolford has started and been totally ineffective. I think it is time to let Hinton start a game and go as long as possible. The one game where that was the case (FSU), he did pretty good.

He also started moving the ball pretty good against Indiana late. He has produced more 2nd half offense in those two games than Wolford has in his WF career so far.

Missed the first half for kid obligations, so the blown lead was probably my fault. Watched second half in real time and then DVR'd the less discouraging parts.

A lot of missed opportunities, but none bigger than failing to lash a blow-up doll to the back of the Deacon Harley on the way in the gate. It's like W&B couldn't part with her for a single night for the good of the order. That guy....

Both of these quarterbacks are capable, exciting athletes. I agree with Ph: Wolford's tackle after that INT showed me he wants it as bad as anyone on this team. We've just got to upgrade to below adequate playcalling. Throwing over the middle in field goal range with a struggling quarterback-WR rhythm down a single point late is just dumber than dumb. As poor as those throws all were, the fact that we were taking those chances is even more disappointing. TE looks like the second coming of John Terishinski. Not sure why he isn't thrown to three times a possession, minimum. Other than that, roll the pocket and give the QB two choices: an open receiver or the trombone player. Running game is abysmal but if we used the tools we have correctly (including rolling Hinton out and let him make plays with his legs), we'd probably open some holes for a traditional running game.

The pieces are there and the fight is there; just need some judgment in how we use the tools.

I continue to be mystified by play calling. The offense is terrible even though we have much more talent at the skilled positions. At some point you have to say that the coaching is failing.

The point remains that until we get some kind of semblance of O line play, you can call whatever you want and it ain't working. Not saying the coaching or play calling is good, but when you don't get hardly anything positive up front, you might as well forget it on offense. Next year in opinion will be a big year for the coaches, we should see a lot of improvement and the schedule is favorable, if we don't then serious questions need to raised about the current staff.

Is John Armstrong on the team? Liked him returning kicks and seems like we are getting nothing out of the kickoff return game right now.

I think Clawson is certainly favoring guys he's brought in. When KJ Brent got dinged Alex Bachman was the guy that came in. Where the crap is Tyree Harris? You mean a guy that showed some really good potential as a true freshman 2 years ago, can't even see the field after redshirting last year to mature physically?

Maybe Bachman can play some safety for us? Looks like hands of stone out there….

Missed the first half for kid obligations, so the blown lead was probably my fault. Watched second half in real time and then DVR'd the less discouraging parts.

A lot of missed opportunities, but none bigger than failing to lash a blow-up doll to the back of the Deacon Harley on the way in the gate. It's like W&B couldn't part with her for a single night for the good of the order. That guy....

Both of these quarterbacks are capable, exciting athletes. I agree with Ph: Wolford's tackle after that INT showed me he wants it as bad as anyone on this team. We've just got to upgrade to below adequate playcalling. Throwing over the middle in field goal range with a struggling quarterback-WR rhythm down a single point late is just dumber than dumb. As poor as those throws all were, the fact that we were taking those chances is even more disappointing. TE looks like the second coming of John Terishinski. Not sure why he isn't thrown to three times a possession, minimum. Other than that, roll the pocket and give the QB two choices: an open receiver or the trombone player. Running game is abysmal but if we used the tools we have correctly (including rolling Hinton out and let him make plays with his legs), we'd probably open some holes for a traditional running game.

The pieces are there and the fight is there; just need some judgment in how we use the tools.

jhmd has kids!!!11?!?!?

As I wake up this morning trying to shake off last night I'm flipping channels and ESPNU is replaying the game, now I'm right back in a pissed off mode.

Back