• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Love seeing this on my homepage...

I still have nightmares about Jamaal Mashburn. We have been sodomized three times by UK that I can recall.

OSU was the worst. Many of those other teams you kind of knew deep down that they were flawed and that it was going to end badly

Last edited:
Agree on the OSU loss as the worst in denying Timmy D and the Deacs from the Final 4.

The thing about the Cleveland State game though is that it was so utterly predictable. We all knew this was coming.

Man-Engulfed-in-Wave-Khao-Lak.jpg

Gansey went to play in Italy and got caught up in some money laundering scheme, he's been in and out of prison fighting legal battles ever since, even had his passport revoked.

Wait, is that true? I'd not heard any of that. I think Trent Strickland still has scars from being absolutely fucking torched by Gansey about a million consecutive possessions in the 2nd half and OT of that game.

I didn't see a second of the Cleveland State game -- I was at a law school prom in DC with this law student I was sort of seeing at the time. I definitely got points for being pretty much the only dude not sneaking out to catch scores that night.

I was, however, in attendance for the Stanford game in '97, which was extremely depressing.

Agree on the OSU loss as the worst in denying Timmy D and the Deacs from the Final 4.

Yes. That team was on a roll. 12 game winning streak. Randolph's epic ACC Tourney. #1 seed. Best Wake team in the last 30+ years.

Not really. They had a legit NBA player in Cole and two guys who are still playing overseas. That wasn't even our worst loss of the season (The N.C. State team we lost to was actually garbage).

It was a major upset for sure, but it wasn't an historic upset (those are the ones noone sees coming).

Yeah, Cleveland State had won 12 of their last 14. Losses were at Wichita State and at a ranked Butler team.

Yeah, Cleveland State had won 12 of their last 14. Losses were at Wichita State and at a ranked Butler team.

Speaking of Butler-it's not like the 2000-2001 team was doing much damage in the tournament, but it would be nice if they'd made a less laughable effort. My first tourney game as a student and they couldn't have made it even slightly watchable.

Aside from the 9/8 victory over Texas and a 5/4 win over Iowa in 1993, the only real "upset" we've ever pulled in the NCAA Tournament was defeating Depaul in 1984.

true, but the 96 team was an honorable team getting to the elite 8 without rutland.

Cleveland state also would lose to a 12 seed by double digits after that, and Wake is their only NCAA win in the past 25 years. Considering that team was ranked #1 earlier in the year and clinging to a top 10 ranking heading into the postseason, the upset was less about the seeding and more about a nobody beating a team that for a while was in the National Championship picture.

Plus the media loved that upset pick and enjoy congratulating themselves for calling it.

Dude, we had 4 NBA players on that team. 4. Not 1, not 2, not 3 ... 4. And they are Cleveland State. Their only 2 losses could have been in Cameron and to the Spurs, and we still should have won.

Okie State the worst. West Virginia a close 2nd.

The Oregon loss really hurt too, but mainly because I knew the guys personally on that team. Fuck Frederick Jones.

Back