• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Luck/Manning/Newton

He is a 21 million dollar back. He will never see a dime of non-guaranteed money. Spread that out over the next 2-3 years and he is cut obligation free.

oh, and this cut any of your arguments that we overpaid.

21 mill guaranteed to any RB that isn't a top 5 back is not a wise investment.

ha, well, as i stated before, he is a top back. but when you ahve 3 top backs, they're not all going to be top backs in the same season. none of them will be a top back except for cam in the TD category.

he had 30 more attempts, average .2 less yards.

i mean, what do you do when you have a QB who can not only throw the ball well, but run the ball like a RB? of course he is going to take away carries, but as a team, we average 150.5 yds/game on the ground. that is good enough for 3rd in the league.

I am not saying you shouldn't use Cam's running ability. I am saying you have plenty of rushing options as is and you didn't need to give 21 mill guaranteed to a fringe top 20 NFL RB.

Chris Johnson (whom prior to this season was a top 2-5 RB without question, got a 6 year 56 mill contract. It included 30 mill guaranteed. Even after just 1 season of this deal, I guarantee the Titans regret it. And DeAngelo Williams is nowhere near the RB that Chris Johnson is.

ha, well, as i stated before, he is a top back. but when you ahve 3 top backs, they're not all going to be top backs in the same season. none of them will be a top back except for cam in the TD category.

Wait are you saying that DWill is a top back in the NFL?

I am not saying you shouldn't use Cam's running ability. I am saying you have plenty of rushing options as is and you didn't need to give 21 mill guaranteed to a fringe top 20 NFL RB.

Chris Johnson (whom prior to this season was a top 2-5 RB without question, got a 6 year 56 mill contract. It included 30 mill guaranteed. Even after just 1 season of this deal, I guarantee the Titans regret it. And DeAngelo Williams is nowhere near the RB that Chris Johnson is.

please name 20 better RBs. and maybe this year they regret it, but i guarantee you that they won't once it is up. they'll be happy they got him for what they did.

Wait are you saying that DWill is a top back in the NFL?

his stats certainly help his case.
2008: 1515 yards, 5.5 average, 18 TDs
2009: 1117, 5.2 avg., 7 tds,
2010: only played six games
2011: 836, 5.4, 7 tds.

i'll take that production.

please name 20 better RBs. and maybe this year they regret it, but i guarantee you that they won't once it is up. they'll be happy they got him for what they did.

Fred Jackson, Mendenhall, Ray Rice, CJ2K, Foster, Jonathan Stewart, MJD, Jamal Charles, Run DMC , Ryan Matthews, McCoy, Murray, Bradshaw, Forte, AP, Michael Turner, Frank Gore, SJax, Lynch.

Other possibilities... Reggie Bush, Ben Tate, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells.

his stats certainly help his case.
2008: 1515 yards, 5.5 average, 18 TDs
2009: 1117, 5.2 avg., 7 tds,
2010: only played six games
2011: 836, 5.4, 7 tds.

i'll take that production.

You are clearly out of your mind if you are saying DeAngelo Williams is a top 5 RB in the NFL. I am done arguing with you because that is just a hilarious statement.

Take 2008 out because that was 3 years ago and that doesn't matter for anything right now. Right now going forward he is nowhere close to top 10, and is so far away from top 5.

=TUA01576;512725]Fred Jackson, Mendenhall, Ray Rice, CJ2K, Foster, Jonathan Stewart, MJD, Jamal Charles, Run DMC , Ryan Matthews, McCoy, Murray, Bradshaw, Forte, AP, Michael Turner, , Frank Gore, SJax, Lynch.

Other possibilities... Reggie Bush, Ben Tate, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells.

lol at all the bolded.

i'm going based purely on stats. and the other possibilities you listed all suck. reggie has finally had a good season. shonn greene is laughable. beanie had an alright season.

bolded shonn greene for emphasis at how laughable he is

Last edited:

i believe i said he is a top back. where did i say top 5?

luck better than manning? hahha, good point
but when u bring up newtons capabilities, its hard to deny that at newtons ceiling, he will not be in the same category as mannin

lol at all the bolded.

i'm going based purely on stats. and the other possibilities you listed all suck. reggie has finally had a good season. shonn greene is laughable. beanie had an alright season.

hahaha all of those guys listed had better seasons than DeAngelo. Frank Gore is 10 times the RB that DeAngelo is. Mendenhall has accomplished more in his career to this point than DWill has. Ryan Matthews had a very good year and is on the upswing of his career, not the downturn that DWill is facing. DeMarco Murray was putting up insane numbers before he got hurt. I believe he has a far better future than DWill. Believe it or not but SJax is still putting up top 10 Rushing stats.

The fact that you clearly think D Will is better than those guys shows how little of knowledge you have with the NFL game. I am not going to continue this because it is just a waste of time and you're clearly biased.

As for the salary, the contract he was given this off season, has him earning 5 mill a year tied for 4th with Michael Turner as having a base salary of 5 mill this current season.

As for 21 mill guaranteed is top 5 money, yes it is

according to this site, which doesn't have D Wills salary listed on the list, but if you go to his profile on the site, you could see that his base salary is 5 mill with a 3.2 mill signing bonus for this year. the base salary would put him at tied for 4th.

sorry forgot to link the site

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/running-back/

Last edited:
RBs by YPC in 2011 (100 atts)
1. Fred Jackson 5.5
2. DeMarco Murray 5.5
3. Darren McFadden 5.4
4. Jonathan Stewart 5.4
5. Ben Tate 5.4
6. DeAngelo Williams 5.4

DeAngelo's incredibly consistent YPC numbers from year to year are very encouraging. Over 5 every year.

Back