• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

Except for Don's whole angle, that would have been a nice midseason premiere after a midseason finale version of last week's episode.

All the plots were reasonable and make sense given what we know of the characters. Looks like we are going to get a lot of Pete and Sally next week.

Epic Peggy.

Poor Joan.

No way they have time to end this properly.

I wonder how much they paid to have "Space Oddity" as the closing song last night.

Back before Lane killed himself there were tons of hints that someone was going to die, including a drawn noose on a note pad. These past few episodes have had a good number of people looking out of windows from high buildings.

Minnesota is west of Wisconsin

Draper be goin' west

I am curious to learn the identity of the "friend" who drove Sally back to school.

Do Don and Meredith have a future together?

I wonder how much they paid to have "Space Oddity" as the closing song last night.

Back before Lane killed himself there were tons of hints that someone was going to die, including a drawn noose on a note pad. These past few episodes have had a good number of people looking out of windows from high buildings.

They've used The Beatles before, so probably not more than that.

I don't think Don is going to off himself. On one hand, it would be yet another selfish act from him, but on the other, it would be completely out of character from what we've seen of him. He isn't depressed. He doesn't lack friends or family or support. And we've seen nothing to indicate that he suffers from some kind of undiagnosed depression.

I'd hate to think we've seen the last interaction between Don and Roger.

With two episodes left, I just don't see any plausible reason for Don to return to NY. Every hint was given that he was done during that episode (gazing at the airplane, checking the window in his office, refusing to buy furniture for his apartment - or sleep there altogether, etc).

I could see Weiner setting up a penultimate episode entirely focused on Pete, Betty, Roger, Joan, and Peggy, with the last episode being entirely about Don and his future out west.

Maybe it ends with an Andy-Red moment of Don and Peggy meeting on beach and starting a new agency.

I think Don's going back to NY before the show ends. You can read the conversation with Betty two ways. First, it's obvious (not even just from that talk, but from much of this half-season) that he cares about his kids and very much aches to be a part of their lives. Alternately, it might have dawned on him from that discussion that he's not really needed anymore. Sally got her own ride. The boys are doing their own things. Betty doesn't need that message (though I love what it said about the characters, that she let it go on as long as it did).

I'm not sure if we're meant to see his family as an impetus to return or an impetus to leave. The scene later on when Don meets Diana's kid seems like a clue there, but again, it could be viewed either way.

Last edited:
Betty likes to be wanted as evidenced by her interactions with Glen and Don, but she doesn't need it as much as she used to love it.

Betty likes to be wanted as evidenced by her interactions with Glen and Don, but she doesn't need it as much as she used to love it.

I didn't view her scene with Don quite so cynically. I just took it as a (very sweet) indication that they both still care very much about each other. The way she lit up when he called her Bertie was adorable, and probably one of my favorite moments in the series for January Jones.

I didn't view her scene with Don quite so cynically. I just took it as a (very sweet) indication that they both still care very much about each other. The way she lit up when he called her Bertie was adorable, and probably one of my favorite moments in the series for January Jones.

I agree with that. I don't think that's a completely separate point from mine. The previous scene at the house shows that Henry doesn't have as hostile of a view of Don as he used to have.

Can we all agree that the series is definitely going to end with Jon Snow hooking up with Mother of Dragons and then together they will rule benevolently over the 7 Kingdoms? Can see this ending coming a mile away.

Can we all agree that the series is definitely going to end with Jon Snow hooking up with Mother of Dragons and then together they will rule benevolently over the 7 Kingdoms? Can see this ending coming a mile away.

Captured

yes, that is exactly what will happen

or draper jumps out the window and a dragon scoops it up

Back