• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Or, we could fucking be proactive and get Sarr off his ass and go visit Currie (if he has not done so already). If Sarr went to Currie today and said, Hey, this is so tiring. Practices are a slog - I find myself pining for the old days back in rural France training with coaches who had me excited to play. It is ironic that Manning as a big man coach has taught me so much, but yet I find myself not looking forward to another year with him as my game coach. If he stays another year, I am going to leave early and go back to France. Nothing personal. I like Coach Manning, but he is not the leader we need next year with a new point guard blah blah blah.

Manning would be canned a day later.

I still think Manning IS going to be canned without a player intervention, but rather than souring over milk not yet spilled, go get it the fuck done. Those that know Sarr, tell him. Those that know Kyrie, have him give Sarr a call ;-)

You are good, this is accurate.

I wonder how much of a possibility it is for Currie to just not make an announcement and Manning be back. At this point it feels likely. When was the retainment announcement made last year?

I wonder how much of a possibility it is for Currie to just not make an announcement and Manning be back. At this point it feels likely. When was the retainment announcement made last year?

If that was the case, the players would know by now. They don’t.

I assume that Currie made the assessment that the previous two firings were done with no candidate nearly inked to a deal. And we shat the bed twice.

He's decided (I hope) to ensure he's got his man before announcing the firing of Manning. He doesn't owe Manning anything. He didn't hire him, he didn't make his current deal. He's figured out what the buyout number and that is all zipped up. But the virus has provided a bit of a hiccup in the specific contract details of the next coach and/or the money to pay for all of it went up in smoke to a certain degree so Currie had to spend some time reherding the flock into the pen.

My two cents. It is also possible that Currie needed a long face-to-face discussion with Beilen regarding what he wanted to do with his son - telling him he doesn't necessarily get to annoint his successor yada yada - then needed to run to Hatch and work out whatever issues (that have come up before with coaching hires) regarding coaches hiring their sons and daughters. Obviously, Hatch okayed an exception for Manning, but it is possible that happened a year or two AFTER Manning became our coach (if memory serves). Anyway, trying to read tea leaves on why this hasn't happened yet. No inside info.

FWIW,I just read on my MSN homepage that they are planning for an 18 month pandemic. This whole dam situation may last longer than we think. That includes coaching change, recruiting and hell maybe even nest season.

One thing I've enjoyed relative to last year's non-firing is the lack of parody threads this time where people were just flat-out trying to eff with everyone.

Nice work, all... Appreciated.

FWIW,I just read on my MSN homepage that they are planning for an 18 month pandemic. This whole dam situation may last longer than we think. That includes coaching change, recruiting and hell maybe even nest season.

There's no scenario where everything stays shut down for 18 months. The economy wouldn't survive. If it goes on that long, we'll figure out how to live with it and things will start back up again.

Who stills has an MSN homepage? That's like using a Prodigy e-mail account.

giphy.gif

FWIW the top infectious disease Dr in Winston-Salem is saying peak here will be 6-8 weeks from now and if managed correctly will allow things to go back to normal in 3 months.

One of the trustees cars has been sitting in his same parking spot at work for a couple days, probably means nothing, I have no idea if they would accompany the AD on a search outing if that was actually occurring.

I assume that Currie made the assessment that the previous two firings were done with no candidate nearly inked to a deal. And we shat the bed twice.

He's decided (I hope) to ensure he's got his man before announcing the firing of Manning. He doesn't owe Manning anything. He didn't hire him, he didn't make his current deal. He's figured out what the buyout number and that is all zipped up. But the virus has provided a bit of a hiccup in the specific contract details of the next coach and/or the money to pay for all of it went up in smoke to a certain degree so Currie had to spend some time reherding the flock into the pen.

My two cents. It is also possible that Currie needed a long face-to-face discussion with Beilen regarding what he wanted to do with his son - telling him he doesn't necessarily get to annoint his successor yada yada - then needed to run to Hatch and work out whatever issues (that have come up before with coaching hires) regarding coaches hiring their sons and daughters. Obviously, Hatch okayed an exception for Manning, but it is possible that happened a year or two AFTER Manning became our coach (if memory serves). Anyway, trying to read tea leaves on why this hasn't happened yet. No inside info.

I believe

As much as I believe Danny Manning is owed exactly what is in his contract, he must be the most stubborn dude I've ever heard of.

WE DON'T WANT YOU TO COACH THE TEAM ANYMORE... WHY DO YOU WANT TO KEEP COACHING THE TEAM IF WE DON'T WANT YOU TO?

How could that be a fun situation? How could the players play under a coach that nobody wants to be there? How could he recruit?

This has reached the point of no return... He's gone. The issue is going to be having enough $$$ to pay for the next coach.
Wasn't he "supposedly" telling recruits and their parents that he'd be at Wake while they were there because the school couldn't afford to fire him last year? I seem to remember that someone semi-credible implied as much. So if that is true, Danny really does not give two craps what anyone else thinks.

One of the trustees cars has been sitting in his same parking spot at work for a couple days, probably means nothing, I have no idea if they would accompany the AD on a search outing if that was actually occurring.

Let the air out of the tires.

There's no scenario where everything stays shut down for 18 months. The economy wouldn't survive. If it goes on that long, we'll figure out how to live with it and things will start back up again.

Correct. Everything right now is about slowing it down enough to not overwhelm the system all at once. Once testing starts to cover more of the population and we can target spreaders, this will get way easier. The economy won't survive 90 days of this, let alone 18 months. Hotels and airlines can barely survive a couple weeks without revenue.

Correct. Everything right now is about slowing it down enough to not overwhelm the system all at once. Once testing starts to cover more of the population and we can target spreaders, this will get way easier. The economy won't survive 90 days of this, let alone 18 months. Hotels and airlines can barely survive a couple weeks without revenue.

One of the docs mentioned they're closely following South Korea and are "somewhat encouraged". Read into or out of that whatever you wish. Then, on the other hand, Italy is a damn disaster. One theory being many multi-generational households.

Can you imagine if this virus was half ebola or something? Where those infected and showing symptoms were bleeding out of their ears and nose or something? People would be barricading themselves in 28 Weeks Later style - and keeping people away from them with weapons. Let's hope that virus isn't spread airborne when it happens. If they hit every 17 years, the next strike - I'll be sacrificed as too old.

One of the docs mentioned they're closely following South Korea and are "somewhat encouraged". Read into or out of that whatever you wish. Then, on the other hand, Italy is a damn disaster. One theory being many multi-generational households.

Italy does have an older population compared to other countries and also strong tourism/economic ties to China over the years

Italy does have an older population compared to other countries and also strong tourism/economic ties to China over the years

And we have a much fatter and more diabetic population compared to other countries. We probably have no idea what factors may or may not contribute to it being better or worse here yet.

And we have a much fatter and more diabetic population compared to other countries. We probably have no idea what factors may or may not contribute to it being better or worse here yet.

Apparently, the next 5-6 days will tell us far more and be key as thousands of more test results are collected in the U.S. If we can be more targeted with this bastard, it would help immensely. I've even seen theories of certain blood types being more prone. All over the map!

Back