• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

I blame John Collins. Kidding not kidding. If he wasn't so damn good, the extension never happens. Manning should give Collins half that money

Where's ole bcobbdeacs and his fucking seat at the table this morning? This is on him and his kind as well. The folks who continued giving $$ to the man who "save for basketball, is just such a good AD and nice guy."

Like Wellman, it seems our big donors are more interested in building buildings and putting their names on the walls than actually having winning programs to play in them. Just a sad state of affairs, but about as Wake Forest as it gets.

Okay, so here's the plan: we need the SDNY to take down Bill Self, like, today. Kansas, reeling from the PR hit and desperate for a coach who will take the job despite huge question marks, turns to its Favorite Son, Danny "Daniel" Manning. Only, in an ironic twist, they have to pay US to take him away, so Wake ends up with an $18m gift to spend a new coach. We all live happily ever after (until Wellman promptly hires Tubby "Tubbiel" Smith).

The ONLY way that I will ever care about WF basketball any more....JOHN CURRIE, THIS IS FOR YOU.....

*You need to fire Danny Manning NO LATER THAN MAY 2, 2019
*You need to let Randolph or Ernie become the INTERIM COACH ONLY next season

Otherwise, you are signing your approval of the current decision which has ripped the fanbase to shreds. I cannot and will not watch or listen to any more games as long as Danny Manning is the coach.

Wellman likes Manning.

Wellman likes [Redacted].

Wellman did not like Dino.

Our problem is Wellman and make no mistake, he’s in control until May 1.

I’m not a violent person, but if Ron Welllan walked into my office right now I would punch him in the face.

Danny Manning is an asshole for not walking away at this point

Wellman is so fucking stupid

Agree with this. We will all just hate that giant shit stain forever.

He should get the fuck out of Winston and try to do something worthwhile with the remainder of his life.

Can we add a Wake Forest Basketball forum. I still like checking in on football and other sports, but would rather not have to sort through all of the basketball threads, during next year's dumpster fire.
Great idea.

Ronnie is about to pull the rug out pro wrestling style. He's going to go full heel turn. Come out in his elaborate robe. Currie trailing behind carrying a giant belt. Manning coach 4 lyf! He's going to announce he will be moving into a new athletic department role of special mentor to the athletic director.

Like Manning’s best case scenario is pretty much Wake’s worst case scenario. He’s not all of a sudden going to figure it out, he is an awful coach. The only time he wins is if he catches lightning in a bottle. So say he does happen to finally get above .500 next year or any improvement on 10-20 (not hard) now there’s an AD excuse to keep him another year, another year rolls around and he what gets to .500 or crashes down down down again, either way at least one lost year, most likely two lost years, if not more. That’s why today after a decade we can probably just call Wake basketball dead.

see you guys in a year when we do this whole thing again

Basically this.

I had a great time last season not watching Wake hoops. It's the most fun I've had regarding Wake basketball in the last 9 years. I can handle another year of doing it. Besides, we're a Tennis school.

Good luck Johnny, you better get a good coach next year.

Where's ole bcobbdeacs and his fucking seat at the table this morning? This is on him and his kind as well. The folks who continued giving $$ to the man who "save for basketball, is just such a good AD and nice guy."

Like Wellman, it seems our big donors are more interested in building buildings and putting their names on the walls than actually having winning programs to play in them. Just a sad state of affairs, but about as Wake Forest as it gets.

Yep. Bob and his kind are the problem. That is why Wake has sucked for 10 years.

Like Manning’s best case scenario is pretty much Wake’s worst case scenario. He’s not all of a sudden going to figure it out, he is an awful coach. The only time he wins is if he catches lightning in a bottle. So say he does happen to finally get above .500 next year or any improvement on 10-20 (not hard) now there’s an AD excuse to keep him another year, another year rolls around and he what gets to .500 or crashes down down down again, either way at least one lost year, most likely two lost years, if not more. That’s why today after a decade we can probably just call Wake basketball dead.

:tear:

Can we add a Wake Forest Basketball forum. I still like checking in on football and other sports, but would rather not have to sort through all of the basketball threads, during next year's dumpster fire.
Yeah, I support this as well.

There were plans to buy him out, how this turned into him being retained goes to show the shit show Ron Wellman is running in his final days. Wake Forest just let an Athletic Director 6 weeks away from retirement seal the fate of the fanbase. I'm out, done forever. Was a fan going back to Randolph's ACC tournament run and Tim Duncan's dominance in the paint. Good luck to anyone that remains engaged with this shit show. Ron Wellman is an idiot and a clown and those around him are all enablers. They could fire Danny next season and hire Brad Stevens, I'm never supporting this team again. Wonder how many alumni will also feel this way after today?

In

Back