• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MASSIVE FAIL--MTOW

Does it shift to WellmanOUT?

I Am so WellmanOUT, when did he become bigger than the entire university? Hell, I've seen some pretty creative little videos on here, there are some folks who can do wonders with photoshop. Maybe we swing a $1,000 local commercial? Start it with that pick of Ron and Jeff eyelocked and fingerlocked about to make out!

So it sounds like he is coming back.....And it sounds like were getting a billboard.
I read this and laughed. For some reason it made me think of that episode of Seinfeld where George talks about how he has a house in the Hamptons and he keeps having to step it up.

Last edited:
I wish I could share the enthusiasm of most here. Unfortunately it seems to me that Dan is telling us that [Redacted] is definitely coming back. I'm happy that #Buzzout generated so much publicity in the past few weeks, but if dude is coming back as the coach next year - I'm going to slip into a major depression. I love ACC Basketball and I love Wake but I just can't stomach any more of this nonsense. He is not a good coach. He is not a good representative of our school. I'm not sure he is a good person. Everytime he talks about doing things the right way w/o compromising our values - I feel like breaking shit. Who the fuck is Jeff [Redacted] to preach to us about our values and the WFU way. He doesn't know shit about Wake. He has "invested" three years. I have invested my life. I can't keep doing this to myself. Even if we win and make the NCAA/NIT next year I can never respect [Redacted] or Wellman. I'm just beat down. The only thing that would rejuvenate me at this point is a coaching change. The #Buzzout movement has been impressive and it has given me hope. But if dude stays it seems our cause has failed.

<obligatory disclaimer - I respect the hell out of Dan for writing this and think it's 100% spot on>

I think it's kinda funny that Dan posted it at like 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. I can almost imagine him posting it, then quickly grabbing his coat and heading for the door. There's a term for making announcements on a Friday afternoon, but I can't remember what it is. Funny though.

"taking out the trash"

Anyone know Ron Wellman and Hatch's email address? I usually don't get involved with grassroots complaining because I feel like it almost always falls on deaf ears but I can't just sit idly by anymore.

And who the hell on the BOT thinks it's a good idea to keep Buzz around for another year or two or even let Wellman to continue in his job? This is like watching Congress fuck shit up left and right at the expense of every U.S. citizen.

If it were my call, I'd go as hard as I could after Shaka Smart and hope that the tenuous state of the Atlantic 10 might pry him away from VCU.

hmm... precisely the same thing being mentioned in the resurrected Shaka Smart thread.

I wish I could share the enthusiasm of most here. Unfortunately it seems to me that Dan is telling us that [Redacted] is definitely coming back. I'm happy that #Buzzout generated so much publicity in the past few weeks, but if dude is coming back as the coach next year - I'm going to slip into a major depression. I love ACC Basketball and I love Wake but I just can't stomach any more of this nonsense. He is not a good coach. He is not a good representative of our school. I'm not sure he is a good person. Everytime he talks about doing things the right way w/o compromising our values - I feel like breaking shit. Who the fuck is Jeff [Redacted] to preach to us about our values and the WFU way. He doesn't know shit about Wake. He has "invested" three years. I have invested my life. I can't keep doing this to myself. Even if we win and make the NCAA/NIT next year I can never respect [Redacted] or Wellman. I'm just beat down. The only thing that would rejuvenate me at this point is a coaching change. The #Buzzout movement has been impressive and it has given me hope. But if dude stays it seems our cause has failed.

Without CJ? Don't worry, you don't need to worry about that.

the cause hasn't failed unless the purpose was to prompt the immediate firing of the coach.

I don't put much faith in sources, etc. saying he will be back. IF he was going to be fired a week or 3 weeks from now, no one would know...or at least should know.

Love what you've done here, but never understood the backlash against Collins. His job is to be a beat writer and blog. After the season was always the time to write this.

I was shy with my motivations behind trolling Dan before but in my early conversations with a few outlets (think back to Greensboro and the days following), I was told by two separate influential members of the media (one on the national scene) that the story was in the cover-up.

Dan Collins' name came up without my input in one of those conversations and his title (as "beat writer") was mentioned in the other. The question one asked was "how does a beat writer ignore those types of facts"?

Its from those conversations that I derived the entire stat-based/objective line of approach that FireBz.com has stayed so attached to.

When I said Dan was under a large magnifying glass, I wasn't talking out of my ass. If the people watching are still paying attention, Dan Collins just hit a frickin' grand slam.

Last edited:
Country wrote: "What I don't plan to do is peddle the future of Wake Forest. I'll do that for two seasons, but not three. That is, however, what Wellman and [Redacted] will almost certainly do if what I'm hearing turns out to be true."

My friend you just hit the ball out of the park with the bases loaded. I and many others appreciate your candidness and honesty given the current situation. Thanks!!!

VT; Please place Dan's column on your website...Many would be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Country wrote: "What I don't plan to do is peddle the future of Wake Forest. I'll do that for two seasons, but not three. That is, however, what Wellman and [Redacted] will almost certainly do if what I'm hearing turns out to be true."

My friend you just hit the ball out of the park with the bases loaded. I and many others appreciate your candidness and honesty given the current situation. Thanks!!!

That line may have been his best of the bunch. Took the article from being potentially dismissed as 'flip-flopping' to telling you how he really felt when he was pushing the cringe-worthy positivity that we all have grown so sick of having force fed to us by Ron Wellman & Co.

Good stuff. Kind of expected some mention of the Crean argument that both Wellman and [Redacted] have tossed out in defense of 3 years of misery, but other than that, very well done. Very fair, especially after giving [Redacted] a pass for the first two years in the name of rebuilding.

The NIT was an achievable goal for this team.

Back