• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 10: USC Upstate - Saturday 7 pm LJVM - RSN

The problem with attendance is there's a portion of the fanbase who won't attend because other fans aren't follows the mask requirements. The other portion doesn't want to go because they want want to be asked to wear a mask. Couple that with the decade preceding this season and you have a hell of a task for our ticket sales and sports marketing departments.

Lol why do you keep bringing this up. It’s because we’ve sucked for over a decade and it’s the early season cupcakes.

The problem with attendance is there's a portion of the fanbase who won't attend because other fans aren't follows the mask requirements. The other portion doesn't want to go because they want want to be asked to wear a mask. Couple that with the decade preceding this season and you have a hell of a task for our ticket sales and sports marketing departments.

Covid is clearly still having an impact on indoor attendance for some. That's one reason why we had such good crowds at the football game (outside) + we had a really good team this year. Even if we end up having a really good basketball team this year, attendance will be down because of Covid.

We are still averaging around 120,000 new Covid cases a day. It's still a major problem

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=covid+chart+us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Last edited:

That may be the greatest thing I've ever seen. The hat would've been enough, but the shirt, the lights and the moose cup just take it to the next level. I would love to be a fly on the wall watching Ron Wellman watch that, lol! Thank goodness we have Currie and Forbes!

They should do an Elf theme at the next game and Forbes can do the presser in an elf costume with a plate of spaghetti and poor maple syrup on it.

Last edited:
He meant regular as in with assists. Duncan had a blocks triple double.

A triple-double is a triple-double, whether it is blocks or assists. Actually, getting more than 10 blocks in a game is more impressive.

A triple-double is a triple-double, whether it is blocks or assists. Actually, getting more than 10 blocks in a game is more impressive.

That game Maryland just kept bringing the ball to Tim inside, and he kept rejecting the shots. Maybe they thought they could wear him out or foul him out.

I was thinking that Duncan had a triple double at Florida in 1996 but I can’t find a box score of that game. Maybe He was close but didn’t quite get it?

I don’t think it’s a significant portion of our fan base being driven off by being asked to wear a mask

I was thinking that Duncan had a triple double at Florida in 1996 but I can’t find a box score of that game. Maybe He was close but didn’t quite get it?

I believe Tim had only one game with 10+ blocks and I don't recall him ever getting 10+ assists. 10+ points and 10+ rebounds happened frequently.

People unhappy that others won't wear masks indoors also don't show up.

I don’t think the people who would be unhappy about that are going to a lot of indoor events anyway. It’s the hesitation of indoor events overall, not the unmasked fans that is keeping people away.

I don’t think the people who would be unhappy about that are going to a lot of indoor events anyway. It’s the hesitation of indoor events overall, not the unmasked fans that is keeping people away.

Part of the reason people aren't going to indoor events is because too many other attendees refuse to wear masks. Those without masks put those around them at greater risk. Being physically close to a bunch of unmasked strangers indoors is a greater risk than being with a similar group outdoors. Both are a greater risk than not going at all.

Some of these people would attend Wake BB games. However, they are of the mindset that they are not attending events in indoor venues, hence they are not attending Wake games at the indoor venue of the Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum.

IMO if there was 100% compliant masking inside LJVM for every game the attendance might be marginally higher, but there wouldn't be a significant difference. There are much bigger factors affecting attendance.

So maybe we can just tell people that don't want to wear masks they don't have to because the people who really care still aren't coming anyway. #packthejoel

Part of the reason people aren't going to indoor events is because too many other attendees refuse to wear masks. Those without masks put those around them at greater risk. Being physically close to a bunch of unmasked strangers indoors is a greater risk than being with a similar group outdoors. Both are a greater risk than not going at all.

Some of these people would attend Wake BB games. However, they are of the mindset that they are not attending events in indoor venues, hence they are not attending Wake games at the indoor venue of the Lawrence Joel Memorial Coliseum.

At all Wake home games to date, there have been entire upper level sections empty. If someone wants to social distance, they can have an entire section to themselves. And if they want to really feel better, they can double mask with their little paper masks that are about as useful as tits on a hog.

At all Wake home games to date, there have been entire upper level sections empty. If someone wants to social distance, they can have an entire section to themselves. And if they want to really feel better, they can double mask with their little paper masks that are about as useful as tits on a hog.

That’s what I did when I saw a couple games in November and will do it again for the BC game. Wear a mask when i enter and walking around. Then go upstairs and take my mask off and stretch out.

Back