• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 13: Duke Blue Devils @ LJVM - Tuesday 6:30 ACCN

People love to talk about flops in the NBA, but when you watch entire games and not just highlights, they're really not that common. Also, they're large humans moving quickly. What looks like a small tap from Giannis would probably knock one of us into the 5th row.

People love to talk about flops in the NBA, but when you watch entire games and not just highlights, they're really not that common. Also, they're large humans moving quickly. What looks like a small tap from Giannis would probably knock one of us into the 5th row.

Hell Tate Decker posterized me all the way into a wall.

Yeah. 8 guys on the court at any time are taller than the tallest person most of us have seen in person over the last month.

Marsh is a massive dude. Giannis is maybe an inch shorter and 5-10 lbs smaller but ripped and but far more athletic.

There most certainly are flops and you know them when you see them, but it is also 10x more physical than you realize watching on TV, the same way as getting stepped on in soccer or spiked in track is 10x more painful than it looks. I sat up close behind the bench at Rutgers on Saturday and was shocked at the physicality of that game. Would encourage all big basketball fans with the means to do that for one high level college or NBA game in their lifetime. Changes the way you view the game.

This is in no way meant to say I feel sorry for Scheyer at all!!! However, following Coach K would be a tough gig.
And very credible postgame by Scheyer of not blaming his missing two players but giving all the credit to Wake for out hustling & out playing his team!

Know what I hate about the NBA? They play music during the run of play. Feels pretty bush league.

Not even kidding. I hate it.
This. Also, the "defense" chants on every single possession. Just be loud for your team don't chant "defense" over and over like a little leaguer on the bench. NBA isn't top 5 in world basketball leagues when it comes to atmosphere at games.

The Panthers played Da Baby between every play Sunday for the Steelers game. At least I think it was his music. Regardeless it was rap music the entire game I think. WTH was that about. Its not the type of music, I just dont remember them playing music the entire game. Maybe its because there were about 16 Panthers fans there and you could hear a pin drop. I felt liek I was watching the And1 tour.

The Panthers played Da Baby between every play Sunday for the Steelers game. At least I think it was his music. Regardeless it was rap music the entire game I think. WTH was that about. Its not the type of music, I just dont remember them playing music the entire game. Maybe its because there were about 16 Panthers fans there and you could hear a pin drop. I felt liek I was watching the And1 tour.
Would you prefer something played on the guitar?

This is permeating college and pro football and basketball. Constant loud music during almost every stoppage of play, unless they are honoring someone. It's as though the leagues and teams think there has to be nonstop entertainment in addition to the play to keep fans interested.

This is permeating college and pro football and basketball. Constant loud music during almost every stoppage of play, unless they are honoring someone. It's as though the leagues and teams think there has to be nonstop entertainment in addition to the play to keep fans interested.
Yup. It's impossible to get a Wake Forest chant going in the Joel or Truist because they play Ke$ha or Pitbull during every timeout instead lol

Know what I hate about the NBA? They play music during the run of play. Feels pretty bush league.

Not even kidding. I hate it.
I too am an old man that's angry. Kids these days with their music, juking and jiving and disrespecting the game.

Yup. It's impossible to get a Wake Forest chant going in the Joel or Truist because they play Ke$ha or Pitbull during every timeout instead lol
Damn kids ruining everything that's good. Have they never had a good chant before?

I too am an old man that's angry. Kids these days with their music, juking and jiving and disrespecting the game.
I hope no one looks at baseball. On top of music, people are now doing….bat flips. Can you believe it? The disrespect!

Back