• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: Florida State @ LJVM - Wednesday 9 pm - ACCN

The thing is, you ripped Cam early in the season, and then he balled out and you apologized. So this is a trend.

Maybe next time Cam has a bad stretch or bad game, just don't rip on him, and you don't have to worry about egg on your face again.

He may also just really like egg on his face. No kink shaming, Creamy

Wow. Oh, how college athletics have fallen to the beast of football money... Must have been an awesome time to be a Wake basketball fan with an in-tact, regional ACC with three- and four-years players. The streaming environment now makes a show like that pretty easily distributable. ACCN should do an all-access documentary during the ACC Tournament and air it after the season is over
The 80s and 90s ACC I grew up on were amazing. It was easy to memorize the schedule because Wake played every team twice in the same order. So if Wake played a team on Jan 12, Wake played them again between Feb 11-13.

Blessed to have Forbes. We play as hard as any Wake team I have seen (and I have seen many) and we are very unselfish. Just great team chemistry on offense and defense. Sits Mansanto for a game and look at the response. Bottom line is if you don't work hard on defense you ain't playing. Saw some Keller which was good. Obviously Forbes did not like the matchups with our two bigs.

Blessed to have Forbes. We play as hard as any Wake team I have seen (and I have seen many) and we are very unselfish. Just great team chemistry on offense and defense. Sits Mansanto for a game and look at the response. Bottom line is if you don't work hard on defense you ain't playing. Saw some Keller which was good. Obviously Forbes did not like the matchups with our two bigs.
I think it was just to get Keller some minutes as we had a pretty decent lead.

Our offense is about the same in KP to last year, but our defense is ~100 spots worse. I don't know if that still has lingering preseason weighting.

NJDeac'22 was not yet in kindergarten

(not a rip)
Don't think I knew Wake Forest existed until I was 8 or 9, and then forgot about it until college apps rolled around. I have faint memories of seeing highlights on Sports Center of a couple of our games against Duke that I now know must have been around that 08-09 timeframe. Really funny thinking back to that now as it was such a random school to me then.

I was sort of the same mind as Childress on flopping calls, but then I saw the reply of the one last night. That was comical. I laughed out loud. It looked like he took a shot and then slid into second base to break up a double play. You could injure someone.
I'm absolutely on board with the current "no warning, one shot" rule. They tried the flop warning for years and nobody ever called it and it changed nothing. At least now there's some immediate mechanism for egregious violations, although refs seem to only call it on weird plays outside the foul line instead of dudes barely getting touched as secondary defenders and flying into the third row. Hell refs are too busy calling those offensive fouls to actually call the flop.

Definitely very unselfish. Even as Louisville made their late run against us, we were sharing the ball pretty well. Just missed some wide open 3's during that bad stretch. This team works hard to find the open man, and it's nice to have guys like Tyree, Davien, Damari, and Carr who can hit from outside. Keeping fingers crossed that Forbes continues to identify shooters.

Definitely very unselfish. Even as Louisville made their late run against us, we were sharing the ball pretty well. Just missed some wide open 3's during that bad stretch. This team works hard to find the open man, and it's nice to have guys like Tyree, Davien, Damari, and Carr who can hit from outside. Keeping fingers crossed that Forbes continues to identify shooters.
"Recruit offense, teach defense".

A lot of the time, the open man is just standing in the corner waiting to take the best shot in basketball. And if he doesn't have that shot, they do a good job of moving the ball around to get a good shot.

A lot of the time, the open man is just standing in the corner waiting to take the best shot in basketball. And if he doesn't have that shot, they do a good job of moving the ball around to get a good shot.
If teams start face guarding you off the ball in the corner, back door cut them to death. We ran the best offense I've seen us run under Forbes in the second half yesterday.

Yeah. If Appleby and Daivien weren't way off, it would have been a 100 point night easy. I know FSU isn't having a typical season, but it's great to look that good in the halfcourt against their length.

For what it's worth, John Hollinger actually tweeted about Cam a few weeks ago. I seem to recall he or someone else with a blue checkmark remarked that he could develop into a late 2nd round, two-way guy if he improves his jumper.
If he gets a good jumper that he can shoot off the dribble or quickly off the catch, yes, he has an NBA body. That’s a big if though.

Personally, I think Cam is an excellent college player that is going to have a record setting career at Wake by the time he's done. People trashing him really only make themselves look like they don't understand college basketball. However, don't really see him as an NBA guy just because that game is such a unique style of basketball that I don't think he fits right now. Will make plenty of money in Europe or Australia but as of now I don't see him becoming a guy who gets a multi-year NBA contract at any point.

Back