• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 2: @ UGA - 7pm Friday - SEC Network

I’m so sad that Keller was in for less than a minute and may have cost us the game. (Im pseudo joking). I thought he had some savvy moves in some of the practice footage. We might technically be deep, but we don’t have time for 6 players a game to shake the deer in the headlights look.
What size are his hands?

I think White has an athletic team, but I’m not sure how good they are. Kind of the old SEC bball model.

Also, another big game from MMM.

This kid is gonna be a stud I think.

Yeah he played a lot of big minutes down the stretch. Great rebounding and held his own. He will be a great piece if he doesn’t bail out for Australia.

It's possible that Forbes doesn't think Parker's ready yet. He passed up a bunch of shots tonight. This game was a lot faster than Elon, and I thought Georgia did a great job of closing out on our shooters.
Agree. Georgia has very athletic guards so this wasn’t an ideal game for him. But we needed our best 3 point shooter on the court for the last shot IMO.

Loved the fight to not give up
Didn’t love the fight on loose balls and on the defensive glass. Won’t win many big games that way.

Not loving the trend of 3 straight games (including Bama exhibition) being down double digits.

I’m not even sure the final play was designed for Hildreth. It went underneath the basket and he had to dribble out to the three-point line.

All we know for sure is that it wasn’t designed for Boopie. At least I hope not since he was inbounding. At 5 seconds and down 3, not only would it have been insanely risky to try and get it back to the inbounder, they almost certainly would have fouled if we attempted it.

All we know for sure is that it wasn’t designed for Boopie. At least I hope not since he was inbounding. At 5 seconds and down 3, not only would it have been insanely risky to try and get it back to the inbounder and they almost certainly would have fouled if we attempted it.
I’m going to take the risk of doing what I warned of, but if Hildreth is our “go to” guy, we’re in trouble. He is a decent piece, nothing more though.

Sucks to lose, but it was nice to see some fight until the end. 2 more minutes and we woulda won this game.

Georgia won because they were more aggressive and they played better defense. The Deacs shot better from three and at the line and that kept them in the game. Georgia had a 20 point advantage in paint, a better field goal percentage and more points off turnovers. Bulldogs also had the benefit of a home court whistle for most of the game, though it disappeared late. It's hard to win when your opponent shoots 47% and you shoot 39%. The Deacon defense always looked a half step behind trying to make up ground. Defense like that usually ends in a loss.

Carr played well and Miller showed he can play against quality opponents. Hildreth and Salas had off nights shooting. Those four need to produce for the Deacs to win until Monsanto returns. Friedrichsen and Marion contributed 8 points and 10 rebounds combined in 42 minutes. Marsh made a contribution of 4 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in 20 minutes, but he is a step slow on D and was a reason for the Georgia advantage in the paint. He needs more opportunities on offense.

This team won't succeed until it plays good defense for 40 minutes. It will win, but not enough to make them, the coaches and the fans happy.

Back