• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: Pitt Panthers @ The Petersen Events Center - Wednesday - 7 pm - ACCN

Agreed. My point was just that Hinson, like Monsanto, can hit shots even if you do everything correctly.

So while I think we match up very well with Pitt and what they'll try to do on offense, it doesn't necessarily mean we'll have the same success in limiting 3s (both attempts and makes) that we've had in other recent conference games.
I mean sure, both Hinson and Monsanto can make threes against perfect defense, but they both certainly shoot a significantly lower percentage on those shots than on better looks.

With the way that we defend, it's probably a good thing if a team shoots close to or above their average number of three point attempts in the game. Because they probably aren't good looks and are shots that are being forced.

Also, Cam's arm/wrist injury will not get better until it is corrected post season.

Also, Cam's arm/wrist injury will not get better until it is corrected post season.
That’s a huge bummer. Cam has been very off the last 4 games. His drop off since the FSU game has been incredible. Doesn’t look like the same guy.

That’s a huge bummer. Cam has been very off the last 4 games. His drop off since the FSU game has been incredible. Doesn’t look like the same guy.

Forbes said that he's encouraged Cam's defensive effort with the offensive production drop-off after the injury.

What was wrong with Carr?

Forbes said that he's encouraged Cam's defensive effort with the offensive production drop-off after the injury.

That’s great but dude absolutely killed us over 4-5 possessions at UNC. He is going to need to shift to distributor or no amount of defense is going to offset his diminished offense.

Cam may just need a little time to adjust to playing with the injury. Will be interesting to any adjustments and playing time if Monsanto can play more.

In fact there is a very real chance that if Monsanto comes out of this break healthier and stronger, we will be the best version we've been so far. He is a massive difference maker.

In fact there is a very real chance that if Monsanto comes out of this break healthier and stronger, we will be the best version we've been so far. He is a massive difference maker.

Have a hard time seeing this if Cam is significantly limited for the remainder of the year which seems to be the case. It’s apparent that depth is already an issue and it sounds like Damari will be limited to 20 minutes on the higher end of the range. We’ve seen Monsanto fire some 3s but not clear yet if he can contribute in all the other ways we have been getting from Cam.

Cam can still provide very effective minutes... He defends, he penetrates, he rebounds, and he passes. I think the only part of his game that will really suffer is shooting. And I think we can mask that a bit given there are plenty of other shooting options.

Yeah, it sucks... But every team is going to deal with injuries and players being banged up. Cam's not so injured that he can't provide positive minutes on the floor.

Cam can still provide very effective minutes... He defends, he penetrates, he rebounds, and he passes. I think the only part of his game that will really suffer is shooting. And I think we can mask that a bit given there are plenty of other shooting options.

Yeah, it sucks... But every team is going to deal with injuries and players being banged up. Cam's not so injured that he can't provide positive minutes on the floor.

I agree, coaches will just need to be creative about how to deploy him. He almost certainly shouldn’t be shooting 3s based on what we have seen. Which is unfortunate because he took a huge step forward there earlier this year and it really elevated his game.

Morning folks. Fresh batch of pregame material, including our BSD Preview and BOTG Pod. 2000 words on everything to know abt the Pitt game here.

As for the Pod, we dig into Pitt and Blake Hinson, as well as how critical this game is for Wake Forest...Why this win would be the most important for the Deacs' season. The team is seemingly at a crossroads. A win/loss can send the year down a path with a good/bad ending.

Plus, we rail against ACC perceptions (2-bid league), the SEC propaganda arm and national media narratives. Listen below.

<<roboDR>>

Pitt is just another program that had the sense to hire a young and hungry coach - just like Oklahoma and VCU did when Capel was even younger and hungrier. And now Pitt is poised for greatness while Wake is being left in the dust due to its stupid alumni base. When you go down the list of young and hungry coaches, the batting percentage is incredibly high, particularly the ones from Duke: Chris Collins, Wojo, Johnny Dawkins, Tommy Amaker, Bobby Hurley, Nate James, Greg Paulus. And then of course, Scheyer. Wake could have hired any of these but chose to keep hiring old guys thinking they would know what to do. Too bad no one listened to me back then. Oh well, keep punching the clock at your 401k job, I have a Tuesday morning tee time to make with Brooks Koepka's mom.

<<roboDR>>

<<roboDR>>

Pitt is just another program that had the sense to hire a young and hungry coach - just like Oklahoma and VCU did when Capel was even younger and hungrier. And now Pitt is poised for greatness while Wake is being left in the dust due to its stupid alumni base. When you go down the list of young and hungry coaches, the batting percentage is incredibly high, particularly the ones from Duke: Chris Collins, Wojo, Johnny Dawkins, Tommy Amaker, Bobby Hurley, Nate James, Greg Paulus. And then of course, Scheyer. Wake could have hired any of these but chose to keep hiring old guys thinking they would know what to do. Too bad no one listened to me back then. Oh well, keep punching the clock at your 401k job, I have a Tuesday morning tee time to make with Brooks Koepka's mom.

<<roboDR>>
I assume your bff, Mit, will be there too.

Back