• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: @ GT -- Tuesday 7 pm -- ESPNU

My favorite GT fan was a large man that sat in the row behind me with his silent wife.

He started out by yelling at the refs that they weren't calling a fair game.
Then he pleaded with the Yellow Jackets to show some damn effort once the lead got to 20+ and they couldn't score.
And then he gave up and just starting yelling random things every 30 seconds like, "This is basketball!" and "Basketball, man!"
You sure it wasn't "This is basketball?"

My favorite GT fan was a large man that sat in the row behind me with his silent wife.

Then he pleaded with the Yellow Jackets to show some damn effort once the lead got to 20+ and they couldn't score.
And then he gave up and just starting yelling random things every 30 seconds like, "This is basketball!" and "Basketball, man!"
The wife is always silent. I wonder what that's like lol. I'm the silent husband

We left at halftime because my wife wasn’t feeling well. As we were leaving a guy getting into his van yelled to another GT fan “If you’re going to watch the Jackets don’t bother. The team certainly didn’t bother to even show up to the game.”

When did we start playing D like UVA? Yeah, GT isn't a good team and shot incredibly poorly, but we were forcing them into bad shots. Also can't remember the last time we forced a shot clock violation. We didn't even have a good shooting night, and we still cruised.
Agreed. I also thought our passing was excellent for most of the game. Crisp and we slung the ball around beautifully when their D was set to get the open shot.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Listening to Damon Stoudemire post-game, it appears last night was a coaching mis-match clearly in our favor!

He sounds kind of like a player, not a coach.
Where have I seen this before? Hmmm

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Listening to Damon Stoudemire post-game, it appears last night was a coaching mis-match clearly in our favor!

it's his first year as a head coach anywhere and he's had some success getting them up for big games.

he could still turn out to be a really good coach. Potential is definitely there

"If you take out the 35-3 run, we actually outscored them."

This was the inverse of our [Redacted] game at GT in 2011 when we lost 74-39 and went over 12 minutes without a field goal in the second half.

Our shooting was kind of abysmal... But luckily GT doesn't even try to play defense so it turned into a bit of a layup line.

it's his first year as a head coach anywhere and he's had some success getting them up for big games.

he could still turn out to be a really good coach. Potential is definitely there
He was head coach at Pacific for several seasons before going to the Celtics.

He actually was head coach for Pacific for a little while.

Wake's shooting of threes was pretty bad by their standards. 5/21 (23%). Get that percentage closer to Wake's season average and Wake's point total would be around 90.

100% on FT's is always a good sign.

Liked the minutes distribution for this game, especially this time of the season. Starters played 28 - 30 except Sallis, who played 34.

This version of Marsh is a pleasant surprise at this time of the season. He looked more mobile, more able to protect the rim and grab boards. If he can contribute 10 productive minutes per game the rest of the season, that would be a huge addition.

Boopie needs to watch some tape of Appleby feeding Marsh last season and learn from it. The lob by Appleby was good for nearly three dunks per game by Marsh last year. Near certainty to be a make.

While both can be true this seemed to be a lame duck game by GT more than a Wake played outstanding rationale

Back