• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: NC State Wolfpack @ LJVM: Saturday 1 pm: ACCN

Forbes is very likable away from the court and he has shown a knack for working the portal effectively but once the game starts he is awful…kinda like Jim Caldwell

Seems like every Wake sports team peaks at the wrong time, especially basketball. Might be early January, might be the end of November, but never down the stretch or when we need them. Arguably, Collins one sort-of tournament team came closest, but that was a relatively low peak.

Seems like every Wake sports team peaks at the wrong time, especially basketball. Might be early January, might be the end of November, but never down the stretch or when we need them. Arguably, Collins one sort-of tournament team came closest, but that was a relatively low peak.
This team is a .500 ACC team that had some close wins against teams missing good players. Think that fooled some a bit (myself included.)

Remember that we got blown out in two road games against decent opponents, Wisconsin is not that good this season, and we didn't look good OOC.

At least we don't have to fret the rest of the season.

Would like to see Keller and Bobi get more run the rest of this conference season to prepare for next season.

Is McCray redshirting? Is it worth see if Taylor has anything to give the rest of the season?

I think this is the move. This season is over. Let's gear up for the next. We need an athletic long wing in the portal. And a backup for Ituka.

There aren't any more "must win" games. Must win for what? This team's going nowhere.

I wish they hadn’t put Monsanto on Burns at the end bc all it did was piss me off that we didn’t make an adjustment earlier
Did Burns score 7 or 8 straight times against Marsh? Inexcusable to not call a time out and switch up the defense. I like Marsh but Bradford guarded Burns much better overall. Keeping Marsh on him while we were up 10 to then be tied, to then be down 4 and not do a damn thing about it is unacceptable. Love Forbes, but goddamn that was piss poor today.

This team is a .500 ACC team that had some close wins against teams missing good players. Think that fooled some a bit (myself included.)

Remember that we got blown out in two road games against decent opponents, Wisconsin is not that good this season, and we didn't look good OOC.
yeah, there is really nothing we’ve done all season that suggests we are a “good” team. that said, reams of our caliber can certainly get lucky and win a lot of close games, improve over the course of the year and have a good season. doesn’t appear that is us though.

I wish they hadn’t put Monsanto on Burns at the end bc all it did was piss me off that we didn’t make an adjustment earlier
They really didn’t need Monsanto to be on Burns, they just needed to tell Marsh and Bradford to work to deny him the ball. Front him. Change it up. Instead they just played behind him and let him catch it where he wanted to over and over again. Insanity. 100% on Forbes.

If you let that Stacy Abrams look alike lard ass abuse you for a career high you deserve to lose.

Horrible effort in the second half - Coaches AND players. Nobody gets a pass for this debacle.

They really didn’t need Monsanto to be on Burns, they just needed to tell Marsh and Bradford to work to deny him the ball. Front him. Change it up. Instead they just played behind him and let him catch it where he wanted to over and over again. Insanity. 100% on Forbes.
Also didn’t force him to his right. Particularly Marsh just let him go left.

This. Do bigs even front guys anymore?

Back