• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

One opportunity missed, but they have to come to the Joel. Can’t miss the next one in John Paul Jones. Let’s come out of there Saturday as the only undefeated ACC team at home

We literally could not have shot any worse and we were still in the game - if Monsanto hits one of those open threes he had at the end it would have made it a 3 point game with just under a minute to go. We still probably lose, but we were right there playing our worst. Of course that just makes it that much more frustrating!

We shot almost 70% in a recent game and shot it like trash tonight on a quick turnaround. #6 Kansas is down 20 to Texas Tech. Not every game is a referendum on all of our players and coaches, sometimes teams just play shitty for a game.

Since it was a Duke game at Cameron, I have to mention one time when the refs boned us. Sometime in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, Carr got fouled by Filipowski on a spin to the bucket that went uncalled, Forbes lost his shit, and Duke went down and hit a three. It was an important turning point.

We shot almost 70% in a recent game and shot it like trash tonight on a quick turnaround. #6 Kansas is down 20 to Texas Tech. Not every game is a referendum on all of our players and coaches, sometimes teams just play shitty for a game.
Agree with this, but the problem is that we're coming up empty again and again in these key road games that are crucial for our tourney chances.

Gamer from Durham.

It’s hard to win at Cameron Indoor. Yet, Wake Forest was close — at times, incredibly close — to pulling a victory out of its magician’s hat. But, 28 FG% in the first, no kills in the second and fouls hurt. Instead, Duke did what it does so many times in Durham; it found the escape door.

Need a win at UVA and at VaTech. I think even if we lose to Duke twice and take care of the supposed to wins and beat Clemson at home we get in.

So, let's stop uva's home win streak.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Then again scoring 35 points in a loss wouldn't surprise me either. This team just can't win the big games yet. Hopefully they figure it out before the acc tournament. But i won't expect it till I see it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got back from the game a while ago and still decompressing. First time in Cameron since I was in high school and had a great time with @wakelaw13. Duke people around us were surprisingly nice, albeit cheesy.

Refs were bad, but probably only like 6/10 on the scale of the joke that usually is Cameron. Doesn’t make it right, but we also got our share of weird calls.

Grades we gave out on the ride home:
Sallis - A-
PFred - A-
Carr - B+
Reid - C+
Boopie - C-
Marsh - C-
Damari - D
Cam - D-

Agree with this, but the problem is that we're coming up empty again and again in these key road games that are crucial for our tourney chances.
Can't disagree, but we really do seem snakebitten. Monsanto's slow and limited return paired with Cam's wrist injury really suck. The lack of depth is more evident on the road. We're still good, even really good at times. But now it's just such a tighter margin. We can't really survive whatever slump Boopie is in, we can't cover Reid taking himself off the court with awful fouls. Parker covered some of that but the Monsanto/Marsh 2nd half minutes were pretty brutal.

To be fair to DR (who we saw and laughed at), I did think the crowd was a little late getting there, not a sellout, and more subdued than I expected. Things got plenty loud late in the 2nd though. Could feel the building vibrating.

If I am not mistaken, the law will prohibit you from gambling on any college team from NC, while in NC. Kinda like VAs law. I couldn't bet on Wake at the ODU football game this year, because I was in VA and was betting on a VA school. It actually saved me some money though!
It varies state-by-state.....in NC, you will not be restricted on who you can bet on once betting goes live, all teams are fair game.

Back