• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: Notre Dame @ the Joyce Center - Saturday - 1 pm Bally's (unless the plug is pulled)

I think if we started James Johnson on the wing it would really elevate this team on both ends of the floor. Why is Forbes not doing this?
Because he’s not credible!!!!

When we are playing in the NIT rather than the NCAA remember those loses at Pitt and NCSU. See earlier post about Cam’s contributions in those games.

What I see is a team that is one guard short of being a top tier ACC team this season, wether it is a PG or SG (Appleby can play either position).

I can usually understand the logic behind a lot of hot takes, even if I think it’s flawed logic. E.g. While I think Hildreth has objectively been an above-average player, I can see why someone would disagree based on his “strange” / visually unappealing game.

But saying Appleby is playing out of position at PG — that I cannot comprehend at all.

I can usually understand the logic behind a lot of hot takes, even if I think it’s flawed logic. E.g. While I think Hildreth has objectively been an above-average player, I can see why someone would disagree based on his “strange” / visually unappealing game.

But saying Appleby is playing out of position at PG — that I cannot comprehend at all.
I see his grit and hustle on the defensive end. I’ve never said anything negative about him on the defensive side. What I am saying is that he is an offensive liability that has already cost us multiple games.

the overwhelming opinion on this board is that the team is unlikely to make the NCAA tournament. not sure what BamaDeac is attempting to say there.

We lost the Pitt game primarily because we allowed them to make a program record 18 3-point shots.

I see his grit and hustle on the defensive end. I’ve never said anything negative about him on the defensive side. What I am saying is that he is an offensive liability that has already cost us multiple games.

WF has the best offense in the ACC, by far. It's not close. WF should be looking for ways to sacrifice some offensive efficiency for improved defense, if possible.

When we are playing in the NIT rather than the NCAA remember those loses at Pitt and NCSU. See earlier post about Cam’s contributions in those games.

What I see is a team that is one guard short of being a top tier ACC team this season, wether it is a PG or SG (Appleby can play either position).

Forbes should have played Jeff Teague over Cam. He blew that.

Last edited:
You can keep saying that as if everyone just doesn't understand. But it's the dumbest of takes.

No game is lost on the last shot alone. You keep saying it as fact.
Go read a few pages back where I posted multiple blunders by Cam in losses at Pitt and NCSU. None of those were on the last shot.

Cam left 6 points on the line from missed free throws during last 2 minutes at Pitt. In the NCSU game, there was a 5 point swing before halftime along with 12-16 point swing during the second half when he had 3-4 layups blocked which NCSU turned into 2 point layups.

These types of plays don’t show up in the box score.

I can’t believe he’s still posting on this thread.

Bama - who do you want to be playing instead of Cam?

When this was asked during the FSU and BC games I said to give more minutes to both Monsanto and Klintman. Back then I said to reduce Cam to 15-20min a game and spread the minutes between those two. Hildreth was getting 30-35+min; whereas, Monsanto had yet to see 30min in a game yet and Klintman was getting around 10min.

Back