• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: @ ND - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

The no-call on the Sallis kicked ball was just the 50th trash no-call in that game.

If you're going to be upset with Forbes about this game, it's not the defense - held them in the 60's without the last second fouls. Can't yell about the offense, excellent first half and missed more than a dozen wide open shots both inside and outside in the 2nd.

But on the 10th moving screen or the 8th no-call on shoving Sallis, Boopie, or Cam on drives - he could have gotten a tech and raised hell. Because when you don't bitch enough like Keats getting ejected against us and then it paying off with the Sallis ejection, the end of game scenario happens where nothing is a foul. That review on the Sallis kick was comical in that they just come and and shove and swipe his arm but they just have to say oh yeah it's off his foot.

Now we need all 3 and a tourney win. Which we won't get. I smell Dayton in our future.

we did not lose this game bc of the refs, come on

That was pathetic. I knew we were in trouble when we shot 60% in the first half and only had a 4 point lead. We forget to pack our heart when we go on the road. Sad display. Not a fire the coach type. But this script on repeat has to end

Why is Forbes giving Sallis that second to last shot? He was shooting terribly and he literally dribbled the ball off of his foot like a minute before that possession.

And wtf is up with Boopie missing the front end of big one and ones? He has done that pretty consistently recently.

Reid also could not catch a pass to save his life and he got 3 fouls in the first four minutes of the second half.

Just awful all around second half.
Boopie has missed the front end at least 3-4 times now. It’s sickening

Why is Forbes giving Sallis that second to last shot? He was shooting terribly and he literally dribbled the ball off of his foot like a minute before that possession.

And wtf is up with Boopie missing the front end of big one and ones? He has done that pretty consistently recently.

Reid also could not catch a pass to save his life and he got 3 fouls in the first four minutes of the second half.

Just awful all around second half.
Reid doesn't catch tough passes but boy do our guards love to zip one past him.

we did not lose this game bc of the refs, come on
I mean, we lost this game for a lot of reasons. We missed a million open shots in the 2nd half. We ran in Monsanto and Parker and they shot 0% on great looks.

Doesn't change the fact that down 2 we clearly got fouled and should have tied it up, instead the refs gave them the ball to go up 4 and end the game.

Notre Dame is a tough road game, end of story. That it would be close is not a surprise. That ending sucked and the moving screens throughout the game were a joke.

Oh well. Barring something completely unforeseen, I guess we can kiss post-season goodbye for the fourth year in a row.

But that's okay, this coach makes everyone laugh.

Can't recruit, can't coach, but he makes everyone laugh.

It's all good.

I remember a guy earlier this year saying that this team has a profoundly negative impact on his mental health and is genuinely detrimental.

I remember thinking what a nut that guy was. May have been the smartest person on here.

That was an excruciatingly frustrating loss.

I'm as pissed as everyone else here but if we win our last 3 games we will make the field of at least 68. That said, I have little to no faith that we will win our last 3.

We’re going to lose by 2 or 3 points at Va Tech after getting up by 12. We’ll probably beat Georgia Tech and Clemson. It doesn’t matter. Even if we make the tourney, we’d get knocked out in the 1st round. Notre Dame wanted it more than us tonight. That’s what really sucks. We deserved to lose. Sloppy play, stupid passes. The unforced turnovers are mind-boggling. Team was too jacked after the Duke win and didn’t take ND seriously.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic at all to say this team should reasonably be 12-5 in conference and in contention for a top 3 finish. Instead we are just some other mediocre team in the middle of the pack because of these awful road performances.

Everyone knew this was a fucking trap game. Forbes knew it. The players knew it. And yet they find some way to post the first quad 4 loss of the season and possibly play their way out of the tournament.

I don’t understand how you can shit the bed this badly with so much on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very reminiscent of BC ACCT game in 22

Back