• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 29 - @ VT - Saturday - 5:30 - CW

WF -1
I would love to eat crow, but this is an easy line to lay cash on VPI. I used to bet occasionally against the Deacs on the road ( never at home) in the post Duncan , Odom years and don’t think I ever lost. The Duncan years propped us up in Vegas for a few years, and as an avid fan I knew if we weren’t playing that well.

Our game is at 5:30, UNC-State is at 4:00, and Duke-UVa is at 6:00. Seems ridiculous to schedule them like that. Wouldn’t 1:30, 4:00, and 6:30 make more sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't watch; sucks but I'm still reeling over the ND loss and I'm not ready to reschedule my dinner plans out to get the heart broken again.
I'll stay close to my phone; check every 15 minutes and pray we prevail. Go Deacs!!!

as much as I like Parker’s 3 pt threat, opposing teams go at him when we’re on defense. With Summer weight room and general experience, he’s going to be a solid piece of our puzzle in coming years. He’s a smart kid and will work hard. For now we need Boopie to drive and dish or score in mid game ( and not dribble into traffic and trip…which probably will be fixed by this game)
Same with Monsanto because he only plays D with his hands & slaps down. Can only leave him in if he hits a shot or two.
My wish also is for Efton to stay closer to the basket on O (paint touches) as I see no need for him to be left open around the arc and tempted to take a 3. Plus keep him inside on D so he doesn’t get those hedge fouls 30 feet from the hoop.

Wish we weren't playing today. Why even bother playing the road games?

Hey Deacs! Read my message. You fucking suck on the road and it's gonna keep you from the NCAAT. Go prove the entire fan base wrong and win an important game om the road.
If nothing else Deacs win this one for creamy.

I don’t know why but I think we win this one walking away. 10+ point win.

Imma going to hammer the deacs today, won over a grand on the boys this year and I’m ready to take them on the road.
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO

If nothing else Deacs win this one for creamy.

I don’t know why but I think we win this one walking away. 10+ point win.

Imma going to hammer the deacs today, won over a grand on the boys this year and I’m ready to take them on the road.
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO
Feels like Sallis over 16.5 is a good bet for today.

Golfing buddy is a VT grad. I asked him if he had bet his house for VT to win tonight. He laughed to which I replied he left a lot of money on the table.

Afraid that if the Deacs go with the normal approach it'll be a close one and we won't close it out.

I'm not a big believer in getting minutes from bench players to "rest" starters, but I'd like to see Forbes be a little more aggressive hunting for some shooting. Get started like the 2nd half against Duke - get it inside to Carr and let him work the 2 man game inside with Reid. Play inside-out and if anyone is cold just yank them and give Parker and Monsanto a chance.

Beran is a weak 4 which should allow for Monsanto minutes if he's on target. We just have to find some shooting and can't get stuck in ruts where we miss 5+ consecutive shots and start forcing it.

Sallis needs to locked in today. No one on VT can guard him. Couple that with Carr being guarded by 6-9 215 lb Robbie Beran or 6-7 Tyler Nickel and we have our two matchups to exploit. Pedulla had 5 points in the first matchup and Boopie absolutely embarrassed him on both ends. The road woes, imo, end today.

Sallis needs to locked in today. No one on VT can guard him. Couple that with Carr being guarded by 6-9 215 lb Robbie Beran or 6-7 Tyler Nickel and we have our two matchups to exploit. Pedulla had 5 points in the first matchup and Boopie absolutely embarrassed him on both ends. The road woes, imo, end today.

The guard matchup was so lopsided in the first win. If we repeat that performance we’ll be fine but 🤷‍♂️

Back