• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 29 - @ VT - Saturday - 5:30 - CW

The 3 point shooting issue is definitely perplexing.

I remember against Duke at home, Sallis pulled up and just drilled his first 3 after hitting a couple early shots. Confident, didn't matter that it was contested. At UVA his first look was wide open in rhythm and he nearly fired it over the backboard. It's also weird because it's not like Sallis, Boopie, and Parker have been at Wake for 3 years and are just super comfortable at the Joel. They've played like a dozen games there. It's definitely not shot selection, and it's not like Notre Dame is some crazy hostile environment.

Have to assume it boils down to experience. Parker, Boopie, Sallis, Reid - it's all their first years in leadership roles in an ACC season. Cam's hurt, Carr is the one guy with experience and he's shooting it the best on the road.

Forbes needs to bring his A game Saturday. I expect the plan will be to attack the paint, which we should be able to do pretty effectively against this team.

Morning all,
Got a set of pregame content to prepare for tomorrow. First, 2,000 words on VT, including more keys than normal, considering the importance of this game. Article on BSD here.

Plus, the BOTG Pod, with over 30 minutes of Bracketology discussion and what needs to happen over the next week-and-a-half. Goes with our usual VT prep.

Hey now, big difference in Boopie and Cam driving to the hoop instead of jacking 3s and counting the number of times we touched paint.
I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems, but sometimes Boopie & Cam's layup % seems worse than our 3 pt %. They have to be near the national leaders in shots blocked out of bounds. More Efton Reid seals for wide open layups plz.

It's just hard to game plan for anything when you shoot as poorly as we do on the road. Oh and we turn over a lot as well. Oh and we give up a tremendous amount of points in transition. We need a sports psychologist.

It's just hard to game plan for anything when you shoot as poorly as we do on the road. Oh and we turn over a lot as well. Oh and we give up a tremendous amount of points in transition. We need a sports psychologist.
Even if we make the tournament will this jinx stay with us even on a neutral court?

my gut says no because the other team will also be playing in an unfamiliar environment and neutral game officiating is more lenient than road game officiating
Lenient officiating, as in lots of stuff that could be called is let go may not favor Wake. Wake is a great free throw shooting team. More foul calls= more fre throws= more points. Wake doesn't have wide body bangers to work down low. Moving screens make it harder for Wake to play their preferred defense against pick and roll plays.

Lenient officiating, as in lots of stuff that could be called is let go may not favor Wake. Wake is a great free throw shooting team. More foul calls= more fre throws= more points. Wake doesn't have wide body bangers to work down low. Moving screens make it harder for Wake to play their preferred defense against pick and roll plays.
by lenient I meant they won't be in favor of the home team as much, so physical teams will be called more. Hopefully

poor choice of words on my part

Back