• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 30: GT - LJVM - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

“ ? All I did was open a space to clear up a ton of animosity and vitriol that has very much been thrown at me (in a thinly veiled way)”

Cam Lemons the martyr making this all about him on the other board. One of the other posters literally said nobody cares about your ego right now Cam 😂😂😂

i mean they could win the acc tournament. hahahahahah ahahahahahahahah
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Know Forbes will get another year despite all the chagrin on this board. Just asking but should Justin Gray be considered? At least he’s a native son.

You mean a coach who started out hot and struggled later in the season?

No.

Forbes: talent finder in portal = credible
Forbes: in game coach that can execute out of droughts to keep the game in check = not credible

He gets one more year. I don't see us making the tourney next year because this team is going to implode and we'll have a new team next year.

Just love having to wake up and tell my 8-year-old that Wake blew it and the season is over. The shock and disbelief since the last game he got to watch was the Duke win really drives home how shitty this meltdown is.

Welcome to Wake Forest sports, buddy.

Just love having to wake up and tell my 8-year-old that Wake blew it and the season is over. The shock and disbelief since the last game he got to watch was the Duke win really drives home how shitty this meltdown is.

Welcome to Wake Forest sports, buddy.
Had to break it to the awakekids this morning too. Sadly, my 11 year old seemed more resigned than shocked.

I mean, it really is a mind-boggling game. We couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the perimeter, missed a ton of lay ups in transition and still should have won the game.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

"The powers that be" want this fucker for some more dead-ass seasons? Why?

Because it's their money and believe blowing it up after this season with the transfer portal looming (even though it will satisfy the big swinging dicks BirdinBama and 2&2Slider on the ogboards.com forums) might not be the best strategy.

blowing it up after this season with the transfer portal looming might not be the best strategy.
At what point in a coaches tenure does “blowing it up” become “terminating contract for lack of success”?

I mean, it really is a mind-boggling game. We couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the perimeter, missed a ton of lay ups in transition and still should have won the game.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
Not mind boggling. Wake is the far more talented team they were just a disorganized mess and have zero situational awareness. They're coached poorly.

Not mind boggling. Wake is the far more talented team they were just a disorganized mess and have zero situational awareness. They're coached poorly.
That's where I'm at too. Either Forbes isn't technically coaching them correctly or he is, but the team doesn't listen and it's his job to make them listen. I hate it, I like Forbes, good guy and his family has had a tough year, but this team how far, far underperformed relative to talent. All of that isn't on Forbes, the players bare responsibility as well, but I've lost all faith that we've got the guy at head coach. Better than the last 2, but just as frustrating.

Forbes:

Sigh, "Markus and Efton, easy switch and we didn't switch right and gave up the easy 3. That's a play you can't make late in the season."

Unless Markus (3-M) has NOT BEEN PLAYING all season, or for a huge chunk of ACC play.

He's part of your bench. You need some sort of bench production you can rely on.

And 7 total dudes in your rotation is not the answer across an entire season. You need 7, plus an 8th guy you trust, but maybe plays more some games/less in others, but ALWAYS plays every single game. Injuries have killed us this year and killed our rotation.

Or perhaps 9 guys if you are Kentucky or UNC, a pressing team or whatever.

In the NBA it is 9 guys you can trust in your rotation for every game, period.

Did that 3 matter? Maybe, since we lost by 1.

I know he hasn't shown much in his time but I can't believe Canka is incapable logging at least 5 minutes a game as a 3 and D guy to give Cam or Sallis some rest. He did it at UCLA last year and I really thought he'd at least be able to get playing time on this roster.

Back