• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: Clemson - Saturday - 6 pm ACCN

Just can't fathom why the team would have quit following the duke court storm when at that time they were then playing for NCAAT seed?! :(

Torvik still projects Wake in with a win over Clemson and two ACC tournament wins. So many things can and will happen in the next week it is just a guess at this point.

The only advantage to getting Pitt is that a win over Pitt would kill a potential bubble rival. Clemson would help more in the metrics. But that would mean beating Clemson twice in a week.

We have 2 quad 1 wins all year and we dream of adding 2 in under a week.
I don’t give a damn about KP or Torvik. Both predicted wins over GT.

We’ve gotta wmgo to the ACCT championship game to get in, right?

It really doesn’t make any sense does it? Why stop trying now
I don’t look at it as complacency/apathy/they stopped trying. I think they got so hyped up to play Duke, and then won, and then had to ride out the court storm issue. Which, while not affecting them directly, did become a national issue and thus a distraction for a couple days.

And then before they knew it they were back on the road playing a team with no pressure on its back, and realized, wait a minute, we’re not automatically in because of the Duke win; we still have to finish this season out. So the pressure crept up again, and there was that little bird in their ear saying, “You know you can’t win on the road.“ So my view is that confluence of pressures got to them and they didn’t know how to play through it. And then one bad half led to another and began stacking degrees of pressure. (Never mind they’re aware of how long it’s been since the fanbase has experience March Madness.) And all of that led to a sort of internal collapse.

A bit of armchair psychology I’m sure. But if any of this is even partially true, it falls on player leadership and coaching. Part of winning is learning how to fight through those headwinds (in fact, it’s one reason why sports are so helpful for humans), but they just didn’t seem to have the resources to do it.

Have they taken any of these lessons to heart the last few days in preparation for the final run? I guess we’re about to find out.

graphic features damari and carr for senior day. hard to know what that means except they are being honored.

Fair points and I respect the optimism. Been a diehard Wake fan for forty-plus years so I've come by my glass-half-empty perspective honestly.

The team's only played with a sense of urgency a handful of times and the first half of the GT game, with pretty big postseason implications, wasn't one of them. With nothing left on the line I'm not expecting much today but maybe they'll play for pride and surprise us.

Eh, I think they were playing hard, they were just tight and GT couldn’t miss. Was a bad combination.

I predict a double-digit loss and bottom-half of the ACC finish. Love the Deacs, but the team and staff have packed it in. Really couldn't care less about the NIT this year.
How a team can come out & shut the bed with what’s been on the line the last 3 games (especially the GT home game) is beyond me. Very reminiscent of our BC debacle in the 2022 ACCT. Get up 10 with 6 to go and go brain dead. LaRavia says post game the team got complacent???

Back