• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: NC State @ LJVM - 9 pm Wednesday - Bally Sports

try #2

giphy.gif

That view from the opposite side of the court shows just how impressive the dunk was.

yeah I'd love the baseline official camera view of it

If you watch all the way to the end of the game, the starters are well on the court celebrating with McCray before the clock turns :00. A ref kind of glances at them and seems to shrug and walk away.

Yet another great play that didn't get a replay.

There was a fairly lengthy review by the officials in the 2nd half. Is there an NCAA rule that states the home arena MUST play mind-numbingly boring music until the call is finalized?

Our in-game production has improved, but we still do a pretty weak job with replays. Just replay the big dunks until the crowd is sick of it....or play resumes. It's not that difficult.

What I love about that play is that ManMan saw that Walton bodied his man out of the play but LaRavia wasn't making the pass, so he stepped it as a middleman to complete the transaction.

Not sure it was ever picked up here. But the Alondes inbound play under the basket to Sy for a reverse side slam. You could hear Sy yelling at Alondes 'hey, hey' when he wasn't looking for him, but Sy's man wasn't guarding him at all.

No doubt.

"The hardest thing in life to regain is respect. And this team has gone out and regained the respect of our campus, our community, and the ACC, and across the nation. And I told them that before the game once you lose something like that, it's hard to get it back. And respect is something that is not given, it's earned. Do we have to finish more? Yeah. Do we have to do this year after year consistently? Yeah. But somebody had to do it. And this group did it. And I'm very very proud of them for that."

Yeah, throw that up on a plaque. Forbes understood what was expected of him and this team in a way Dino, [name redacted], and Manning didn't.

“You know what, there's an old saying in the NBA: you give respect by showing no respect…you give respect by showing no respect. And you all can figure out what that phrase really means. Last time we played N.C. State we did not respect them because we didn't play hard and we didn't compete. That's a heck of a statement for a coach to make, but that's the truth. I remember Michael Jordan saying one time that he's had some rookies play him where they didn't want to touch him, they feared him and didn't guard him. And Michael said, ‘You're not even respecting me because you won't compete against me, you see.' But if you get somebody out there who's just battling and giving everything you've got and still you come up short, you know what? Doesn't your opponent respect you? So you give respect by showing no respect…you go out there and you battle.”

Was that Manning or [Redacted]? Doesn’t really matter. They can’t hurt us anymore.

Was that Manning or [Redacted]? Doesn’t really matter. They can’t hurt us anymore.

It was this clown. Now that I watch this video, I realize just how much we went through as a fanbase. Almost like a recovered alcoholic who didn't realize he was drinking 12 drinks a day. That would be us.

Back