• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: Rutgers at WF - Wednesday 6 pm ACCN

Our guy hasn’t missed many days in the gym for damn sure.
Only thing I haven't seen from Boopie that Tyree did a pretty high level was the assist/pass during a drive. Whether as an alley opp, kick out etc, tyree was pretty awesome at that, alondes even better. Boop has some, but if he can get anywhere close to their assist capabilities he will be really really good.

Only thing I haven't seen from Boopie that Tyree did a pretty high level was the assist/pass during a drive. Whether as an alley opp, kick out etc, tyree was pretty awesome at that, alondes even better. Boop has some, but if he can get anywhere close to their assist capabilities he will be really really good.
Boopie isn't going to be as ball-dominant as Tyree was, so I don't foresee him getting anywhere near those assist numbers.

The good news is that we have Sallis and Cam, who are great with the ball in their hands and can also create offense for others.

Yeah you are correct, he won't get to those numbers which is probably a good thing. But I'd like to see the eye test with him creating a few more bunnies. Either way, he's doing fantastic so far.

Lol. What the absolute fuck are you talking about? I’ve been more critical of Marsh than most. Find a post where I’ve ever hinted at Marsh being a good player and that he’s limited by our offensive system.

ETA: I’m cheering for Marsh and we can still use him in certain situations, but Reid has been the missing piece for anyone paying attention.
Great, I’m glad we are on the same page. I must have confused you for another poster. My thoughts are that if Marsh doesn’t play at all against Omoruyi, he won’t play meaningful minutes again.

Theoretically, Omoruyi would be the type of player Marsh is least exposed by as he doesn’t leave the paint or attempt any shots outside of 15 feet. And Forbes still went with Keller over Marsh when Reid needed a breather. And Keller played pretty well.

Maybe if Reid is in foul trouble you could make a case for spot minutes for Marsh, but I dunno. If Keller keeps playing well, him and Carr should be enough to hold down the paint.

If the opposing team has a strong shot blocker (like Omoruyi) it’s a disaster to have Marsh out there offensively, as his defender can just sag off him and help on drives.

For the NIT game a few years ago they didn’t even sell upper level tickets, and every lower bowl ticket was $15. Thats what we should be doing for nonconference games.

That’s why I can’t justify buying season tickets. Why pay so much when most of the home games you can buy the cheapest ticket and seat wherever you want.
The lower level corner seats cost $250 for the year. Last year I couldn't make UNC game and those tickets sold for $90 each, same for the Duke game year before. It's not that unaffordable.
But yeah, you could have walked up to box office last night and gotten a ticket in for $20, not sure what StubHub goes for on these kinds of games after all the fees.

Forbes mentioned this in the presser that he's happy with Boopie's development as a passer. Said something along the lines of "they're all scorers with scorers' mentalities, but you've got to play for eachother. He's only a sophomore so he's still learning."

It brings up the point that this, aside from Davien, will be our first real look at how he develops a PG over multiple years. In the short time Boopie has been at Wake, it sounds like he has done nothing but the right things and it shows on the court. Forbes said he's made as much improvement since the scrimmage against Georgetown as anyone on the team.

I'd be happy with Boopie's performance so far if he was just a one and done grad transfer, so I'm stoked to see what kinda player he will become for us over time.

Last edited:
Are you done claiming that Marsh is a good player and is just limited by the offensive system?

I’ve always been hopeful, just have been frustrated by how bad Marsh is and how it limited our team. So yea, I'll be done "slamming" Marsh assuming he doesn't play anymore this year.
This post assumes we are a better team without Marsh. Can't see it.

Saw posts on this board as recent as this week talking about hesitation to support basketball until we make the tournament. Hyperbole probably but if this sentiment exists in the fans that traditionally pay the most attention, it’s gonna take a while for average people or fair weather fans to catch on.

We’ve been hot trash for a long time and got off to a poor start. Not that surprising butts aren’t in the seats yet.

We've gotten close the last two years to getting butts in seats. If we just win a bunch in a row right now it'll start to fill up a little. It will take some real prolonged success whether this year or this and next for it to get real full. But this team imo is capable of getting people excited by Feb.

Props to Les for recording the postgame with Sallis & Reid...

Agree with the props however, why can't WF employ, literally, a bb staffer/ intern to use a shotgun mic pointing to the questioners rather than only the lecture mics barely picking up the questions? "We have the technology".

Boopie isn't going to be as ball-dominant as Tyree was, so I don't foresee him getting anywhere near those assist numbers.

The good news is that we have Sallis and Cam, who are great with the ball in their hands and can also create offense for others.
I think these numbers will come down as Reid and Damari get into games, but BOOPIE currently has a higher shot rate and usage rate than Appleby did last year. Really surprised me based on the balanced scoring we’ve gotten from Cam, Hunter, and Andrew.

So who is going to get ACC POY? Boopie, Sallis, or Reid? Or Hildreth?

Back