• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midterm election predictions

Who will win Congress?

• Dems retain House & Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dems win House / Pubs win Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pubs win House / Dems win Senate

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Pubs win House & Senate

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That would be the smart play but who knows? Can Trump be a martyr but not run? That’s the ideal play for them.

Its a combination of a lot of variables, but ultimately it’s about winning. Conservatives, even the most ignorant MAGA chuds, will see that DeSantis is winning with the same ideology while Trump is losing. I think Trumps entire persona was based on his being a winner, and now that shine has completely worn off.

Hopefully the Democratic Party can build off of these midterm results and develop a strategy for the next Presidential election cycle. Personally I have no clue how long we can play this Roe v Wade card.

Seems incredibly likely that a lot of MAGA Republican voters are going to quietly switch their allegiance to DeSantis in the coming months so that Trump is discouraged from running again.
Agree but isn’t trump announcing this week? Will his ego let him ever back down? I think he pushes it all the way no matter the damage to the party

Hopefully the Democratic Party can build off of these midterm results and develop a strategy for the next Presidential election cycle. Personally I have no clue how long we can play this Roe v Wade card.

As long as there are blue cities in red states.

Yesterday I heard on a podcast, “There are no blue states, only blue cities in red states.” That’s the primary divide. Yes there are rural Dems and persuadables and Republicans in cities. But cities, suburbs, and rural areas are where battle lines are drawn.

Last edited:
If king trumpf is still in play for the next Presidential election then that's a winning Dem strategy all by itself.

All trumpf does is.... lose.

As long as there are blue cities in red states.

Yesterday I heard on a podcast, “There are no blue states, only blue cities in red states.” That’s the primary divide. Yes there are rural Dems and persuadables and Republicans in cities. But cities, suburbs, and rural areas are where battle lines are drawn.

I think it’s always important to distinguish between describing conditions and accepting conditions. The current geo-partisan status quo politically disenfranchises a shit load of Americans, and the Democratic Party should not abandon those voters.

I still have serious doubts that as many MAGAts are going to switch to DeSantis or some other Republican as many think. In 2016 Trump certainly wasn't yet seen as an election winner and had the GOP Establishment and Fox against him, but people still voted for him even though they expected him to lose in the general election. Trump has an uncanny instinct for what angers or frightens the GOP base and how to play that to his advantage, and whether DeSantis currently has a "winner" image or not, he strikes me as a pale imitation of the original. We'll see, but in the end I think far more Republicans will vote for him the privacy of the voting booth than many expect.

What would actually get the switch would be for all conservative media to ignore him, don’t talk about him, do absolutely nothing with him, while at the same time amplifying Desantis owning the libs. Those people don’t give a shit as long as someone is trying to make others lives as miserable as their own. If a piece of shit in a Florida rants and no one is around to hear it, does it really own the libs?

All trumpf does is.... lose.

Almost, unfortunately.

Actually, he’s always (for 30 plus years) struck me as a fake/pretend winner who exploits takes advantage of those vulnerable to his conning, lying and (essentially) thieving.

But it’s the fault of the Republican leadership that they intentionally groomed their base to embrace dishonest, dishonorable and misinformed passions and ideas as sacrosanct causes in a play for power. Thusly paving the way for Trumpublicanism.

Agreed; and the best start is a slate that solid moderate yet proactive thinkers can support.

I think it’s always important to distinguish between describing conditions and accepting conditions. The current geo-partisan status quo politically disenfranchises a shit load of Americans, and the Democratic Party should not abandon those voters.

Which voters? Electoral college and districts have always made some votes count more than others. City voters are disenfranchised by current gerrymandering (packing and cracking) and political polarization.

Dems shouldn’t “abandon” any voters but they should understand that politics has been gamified. If they don’t play that game Republicans will make life worse for more people.

Back