• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton

Considering his recruiting profile, Rondale wasn't all that terrible, I guess. Bz really was the worst, though.

DGreen rode the pine at Arkansas Little Rock but won an NCAAT game.

Anthony Fields has to be near the top of the worst of the worst list.

In his one year at WF, he played 24 games and scored a total of 24 points shooting 23% from the field and 9% (yes 9%) from 3. He couldn't get playing time on one of the worst WF teams of all-time (#211)

Fields transferred to Bradley, who was awful (21-44 over his two years #213 and #254), and Fields rarely played, but when he did, he was terrible scoring 30 points in 44 games shooting 35% from the field and 20% from 3.

Fields finished his college career on an even worse Liberty team #294; at Liberty he averaged 4 ppg and upped his shooting % to 43% from the field.

Fields was a reach to play in the lowest level of Division 1 basketball; yet [] in his infinite wisdom believed he might be able to contribute to an ACC team.

He had 41 games that he actually played in over 3 years where he didn't score, including the final 20 games of the 2014 season (spanning 69 minutes).

Lol, I just Googled Fields. His LinkedIn is hilarious.

"Anthony always had a desire for business and communications. He spent one year at Wake Forest University, making academic history, as they are one of the top academic institutions in America. He ended up transferring to Bradley University a year later, for their highly ranked communication and basketball programs."

Academic history, y'all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-fields-73b02ba5

the mangler... he was bad but not in the realm of some of theses other guys

How do these Bz ppl still have eligibility

Let us not forget Nikita Mescheriakov either.

Nikita wasn't good but he wasn't that kind of bad. His senior year he got 12 & 18 against a good Duke team. He even got 16 in an ACCT game. He scored in double figures eight times against ACC teams.

Stan King absolutely, positively sucked, but for some reason he was pretty much liked if not beloved by our fans. Another who sucked but I personally got a kick out of was Richard Joyce. I think he figured out early-on he didn't have the skills to compete at the ACC level, so he decided to enjoy the ride by hangin' with the guys, banging a few coeds, etc.

Nikita may have made some ugly plays, but he averaged close to 10 ppg in ACC play during his senior year. He's much better than the other people listed here. Hell, if we had a 6'8 guy like him who could at least get in the way on ACC wings this year, we'd be a better team.

Stan King absolutely, positively sucked, but for some reason he was pretty much liked if not beloved by our fans. Another who sucked but I personally got a kick out of was Richard Joyce. I think he figured out early-on he didn't have the skills to compete at the ACC level, so he decided to enjoy the ride by hangin' with the guys, banging a few coeds, etc.

Highlight of my basketball career was dominating Skip Prosser basketball camp as a 16 year old (I was a year past the cut off but my grandparents signed me up not knowing how old I was).

Richard Joyce told me I was good enough to play college basketball and then was immediately like "nevermind" when I told him I was a sophomore in high school. Cool dude and he absolutely dominated garbage time while he was at Wake.

Nikita may have made some ugly plays, but he averaged close to 10 ppg in ACC play during his senior year. He's much better than the other people listed here. Hell, if we had a 6'8 guy like him who could at least get in the way on ACC wings this year, we'd be a better team.

Isn't he the guy that put up a shot that was blocked by the bottom of the backboard?

The "Why is JJ Redick ranked so much higher than Richard Joyce?" discussions were amusing back then.

Cameron Stanley is in that Dickey Joyce category. McClinton too (sadly).

I think Cam ended up scoring a few points his senior year though?

ETA: Stanley was on House Hunters though so that should give him the edge - my bad, props to Cam

Last edited:
Back