• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mod fight on DeaconSports Premium!

Another quick question then. What is this board's stance on transfer rumors?

Unsubstantiated ones should probably be quashed out, imo. There are a number of reasons, but two big ones are:

1) tampering violations for Wake Forest coaching staffs
2) Usually they're not true. Spreading untrue rumors is generally thought to be bad.

Not dealing in hypotheticals. It'll be situationally-dependent, like every other situation.

rj, why aren't you on premiun anyway?

Because I thought the purpose of the board was to share information. I've probably given away as much as much information as anyone on the pay board about basketball.

There are ads on the boards. There doesn't need to be fee for service.
If the so called inside info was avaialbel for everyone, the traffic would increase dramatically to offset some of the revenue loss.

free1 has been a very strong poster over there over the last few months.

Jesus, really? I can admire the guy for taking a strong position, but his posts are absolute garbage sometimes. Back when he was convinced that our recruits were trash, he got manhandled by Jaybone and others. Then another time he argued that Wellman was trash and got manhandled by Chrispy.

Good on him for being stubborn, but he's kind of an idiot.

I should add that Scout has done a damn terrible job of deleting information acquired by Rivals - and when they're asked to take it down, they move so slow it seems purposeful. This happens a lot with football, specifically.

Did I completely miss when Deman became a mod?

I think in my life I've locked or deleted no more than 10 threads over there. None were related to WF. It was either a spam solicitation, duplicate post, or someone from another school doing something outrageous (I'm glad Prosser died, Haas eagles, etc.). Anything more than that is overkill, in my opinion. I also hadn't noticed an increase in locks, that's probably my own fault.

Not dealing in hypotheticals. It'll be situationally-dependent, like every other situation.

Really? Why not just lay down some rules and put them in the Rules thread?

The first time it happens could be the time detrimental to the university. It just seems risky.

Did I completely miss when Deman became a mod?

I think in my life I've locked or deleted no more than 10 threads over there. None were related to WF. It was either a spam solicitation, duplicate post, or someone from another school doing something outrageous (I'm glad Prosser died, Haas eagles, etc.). Anything more than that is overkill, in my opinion. I also hadn't noticed an increase in locks, that's probably my own fault.

Lol. You're alive?

I should add that Scout has done a damn terrible job of deleting information acquired by Rivals - and when they're asked to take it down, they move so slow it seems purposeful. This happens a lot with football, specifically.

Yea I've seen when that has happened. Problem is, it's usually a battle of accusations. Rivals always thinks Scout took a football scoop, Scout says they had their own sources. They bicker for an hour, and then something happens (or doesn't happen).

TexasDeac doesn't want us to discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely.

Ban him.

Seems reasonable to me. One of the biggest problems on the Scout board wasn't so much that mods took action, but the action they took.

For example, there's a rumor that player x is transferring. Instead of a mod posting that it's an unsubstantiated rumor and we won't go there, followed by a lock for all to see that will pass to the second page in mere hours, they would just delete the whole thread with no explanation with 10 more threads speculating about it.

monsterballz0mg.jpg

Seems reasonable to me. One of the biggest problems on the Scout board wasn't so much that mods took action, but the action they took.

For example, there's a rumor that player x is transferring. Instead of a mod posting that it's an unsubstantiated rumor and we won't go there, followed by a lock for all to see that will pass to the second page in mere hours, they would just delete the whole thread with no explanation with 10 more threads speculating about it.

I agree. We used to lock with an explanation; I don't know how/when/why that stopped. I think it should continue.

The hypo I was bringing up involved more of rumor "player x is going to transfer from university y to come here."

That's the stuff, if leaked too early, that leads to tampering violations.

Back