• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving to Atlanta - need help identifying places to live

Thanks for the responses, everyone! This is not a parody thread. On my home board, a Deacon told me to post here because I could get a wealth of information - now, I'm just wondering if he set me up for entertainment value. Sorry about the OP novella. It was my original post on another board; but, with more info (after doing research and receiving some feedback).

I will post more when I have time. In the meantime, please enjoy the attached map someone provided for me from my home board...
ATLmap.jpg

Thanks for the responses, everyone! This is not a parody thread. On my home board, a Deacon told me to post here because I could get a wealth of information - now, I'm just wondering if he set me up for entertainment value. Sorry about the OP novella. It was my original post on another board; but, with more info (after doing research and receiving some feedback).

I will post more when I have time. In the meantime, please enjoy the attached map someone provided for me from my home board...
View attachment 1032

From reddit, if you want a further breakdown of the 'awesomeness' portion of your map.

BiJzVPNCEAEyGOg.jpeg

Love that the numbaonestunna sends his kids to private Christian school

Keep this in mind. The old tradition of move out until you find a cheaper place to live doesn't work anymore. The cost to commute exceeds the cost of a higher mortgage payment. At least that's what ULI and Ellen Dunham-Jones ( http://www.arch.gatech.edu/people/ellen-dunham-jones ) told us at a ULI event in the winter. There are a few websites that will estimate your cost to commute. I would highly suggest finding one of these and balancing this with your housing plans.

View attachment 1032

i like all the nope nope nope nope all over that map.

You wear mom jeans, don't you?

You have to consider that the opinions and needs of a hipster, such as yourself, may not coincide with the needs of a family. To completely eschew Gwinnett, North Fulton, and Eastern Cobb is ridiculous. Particularly, when one considers that the areas best schools are located there. Yes Virginia Highlands is awesome, but that is a small pocket in the greater metro area.

Only in Atlanta would a mid to late 30s lawyer be considered a hipster.

Yeah, I'm not a hipster. The chasm bt ITP and OTP thought is clearly illustrated by people that think bc you live intown you are a 'hipster'.

Yeah, I'm not a hipster. The chasm bt ITP and OTP thought is clearly illustrated by people that think bc you live intown you are a 'hipster'.

And on the other side of the coin, the arrogance of people ITP about people who live OTP is just as ridiculous.

I would live as close to ITP as possible since your commute will be back in buckhead.

On the christian school side I have some friends who went to Mt. Paron but thats up in north Marietta/kennesaw.

Vining's would be a good option. If you can get in true Vining's you're still itp but pay Cobb county taxes which is nice and there are tons of back ways to get into buckhead. I live in buckhead and commute to Vining's.

ITP or OTP is a big deal, but sure as hell don't live on the south side.

Back