• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving to Atlanta - need help identifying places to live

They might not be to people with children. It's all about perspective.

Why must parents live in a boring place for children seriously the most adjusted kids I've ever met grewup in New York City

They knew had to navigate the subway they knew how to get around they knew had to be tough

They had coping skills

No, they're still boring, they've just decided they're okay with that.

Boring with access to fun is what most people are looking for when they settle down. Boring is a good investment. Boring is stable. Boring is safe with good schools nearby.

Why must parents live in a boring place for children seriously the most adjusted kids I've ever met grewup in New York City

They knew had to navigate the subway they knew how to get around they knew had to be tough

They had coping skills

Also more social, creative, and progressive.

I would live as close to ITP as possible since your commute will be back in buckhead.

On the christian school side I have some friends who went to Mt. Paron but thats up in north Marietta/kennesaw.

Vining's would be a good option. If you can get in true Vining's you're still itp but pay Cobb county taxes which is nice and there are tons of back ways to get into buckhead. I live in buckhead and commute to Vining's.

That all makes sense, but you'll want to consider private school at $25K/kid/year.

Boring with access to fun is what most people are looking for when they settle down. Boring is a good investment. Boring is stable. Boring is safe with good schools nearby.

lol if you think a house in the suburbs is a better investment than a house in cities. they can always make more suburbs.

And I just want to give a general posrep to the thread's advocation of re-segregation.

I lived two summers in Atlanta while in college - both on the south side. Saw some of the deepest cop-related bullshit, but also learned that Buckhead is my personal hell.

They had coping skills
So you're saying it's not always best to live outside of civilization and attend sheltered private school?

It's Atlanta. It's not integrated in the first place.

I want to go on record to say I'd much rather live with middle-class African-Americans in my neighborhood than Whiteys

If that makes me a racist....

I want to go on record to say I'd much rather live with middle-class African-Americans in my neighborhood than Whiteys

If that makes me a racist....

You do you.

You have to wonder if they're shaking their heads at the local Italian whose last name ends in a vowel.

Back