• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mundy: Four-game skid is more of the same for Deacon fans

Who was really hyping the sophomore class? They were a bunch of 3-stars and Codi. That's below average by Wake's standards.

I'm lost on this as well. I never remember it being hyped by anyone beyond our village idiot AD and his trusty sidekick. I was never very impressed and still waiting to see performance.

A lot of people like Mundy, jaybone, etc bought into that hype. Same stuff that has happened for other weak to mediocre classes according to the ratings.

I just don't get how people can watch our games and think we have a bunch of talent. We're in the bottom third of the conference in talent.

Since I've joined Blogger So Dear, I've been called quite a few things on Wake message boards and the like. Some things are repeatable on this forum, some are not. Some things are accurate, and some are not. For instance, I'm not on the Wake Forest payroll. I've asked SID Steve Shutt multiple times where my check is, and he can't find it. So, no, I'm not. I'm also not "BzIn" although many readers believe that I'm a staunch defender of the embattled coach (I have been accurately portrayed as a "townie" and I am also balding).

So this guy takes an article about Wake Forest basketball and talks only about himself and his "struggle" for an entire paragraph for no apparent reason other than his feelings having been hurt (I'm guessing).

Mundy must have a shocking low level of self-esteem. That might explain why he thinks it is cool that he blogs about college kids with recently graduated college kids as a 40+ year old man. I suggest you grow up, Mr. Mundy.

Jeff [Redacted] was given a tough job. He and his staff have Wake Forest basketball in a better place than it was three years ago, culturally.

Define "culturally", please. Just because the Athletic Department doesn't leak the mishaps of the players now doesn't mean there aren't mishaps. You realize that, right? 40+ year old men should realize that.

Wake fans have seen far more talented teams than this. Recently.

I thought that some of the rankings had both Arnaud and Codi as 4-stars. I said our sophomore class has some talent, not a bunch of talent. It is kind of odd that each of the 7 players seem to have a different 'strength' in their game, imho.

Codi - 'slasher' to the basket scorer
Arnaud - rebounding
Devon - post scoring (particularly low post)
Madison- ballhandling
Tyler - good outside shooter for a big man
Aaron - perimeter defense
Andre- shot-blocking

Maybe Bz and RW thought that putting all of these parts together would make us a good team. This season's not over yet, maybe we can win 4 or 5 more (FSU, Clemson, BC, at Miami, 1 ACCT game. I'm not betting that it's going to happen, but it's gotta a better chance of happening than my Cubs being a contender this year, imo. I get that you Bz-outers want us to lose every game, but as I've said before, I'm Bz-hopeful, as long as he's our coach.

That post is a clinic on how to hedge yet remain optimistic and upbeat.

That class was supposed to be a "foundational" class. One that would provide a solid base but needed star power added in the classes after it to be able to really achieve anything. Bz failed to add any stars in the classes that came after it.

That's also what Travis' class was supposed to be before that class disintegrated. The last one before that was Ish's class, before that Gray's class, before that Dawson's class.

Last edited:
I thought that was a fair article. Second half of article seems to show that he's done with Bz too. Not sure it's realistic to bring Buzz back for a lone contract year and ask him to recruit with a straight face. Extension or buyout time. What I'd like to know is if RW is the last to know it, and will Buzz prove to be his Lobo.

That class was supposed to be a "foundational" class. One that would provide a solid base but needed star power added in the classes after it to be able to really achieve anything. Bz failed to add any stars in the classes that came after it.

It was a very weak foundational class. It's a far cry from the ABCDE class that took advantage of Howard's star power or the Big E and JGray class that had strong regular seasons with Howard and then with Paul. It barely compares to the Ish class that took advantage of star power of Johnson, Teague, and Aminu.

I thought that was a fair article. Second half of article seems to show that he's done with Bz too. Not sure it's realistic to bring Buzz back for a lone contract year and ask him to recruit with a straight face. Extension or buyout time. What I'd like to know is if RW is the last to know it, and will Buzz prove to be his Lobo.

So a "fair" article is one that anybody with a fucking clue about college sports would be able to figure out.

"Hey! If you have a guy with only 1 year left on his contract, you should probably extend his contract or let him go!" Insight.

So a "fair" article is one that anybody with a fucking clue about college sports would be able to figure out.

"Hey! If you have a guy with only 1 year left on his contract, you should probably extend his contract or let him go!" Insight.

I'm referring to more of the "These guys are too good to be playing this bad." part. And other things you say right before you fire a coach. There's an inside voice way to argue that a coaching change is needed, and this article says those things in that tone.

It was a very weak foundational class. It's a far cry from the ABCDE class that took advantage of Howard's star power or the Big E and JGray class that had strong regular seasons with Howard and then with Paul. It barely compares to the Ish class that took advantage of star power of Johnson, Teague, and Aminu.

The best class in Wake's history was the Mahktar/Steve Rich class.

I'm referring to more of the "These guys are too good to be playing this bad." part. And other things you say right before you fire a coach. There's an inside voice way to argue that a coaching change is needed, and this article says those things in that tone.

So are you insinuating that him dropping Yellow Mouth's name is a clue that Mundy has inside information? Not sure that I buy that...

So are you insinuating that him dropping Yellow Mouth's name is a clue that Mundy has inside information? Not sure that I buy that...

No, more of a "If he's lost Munday..." type of moment.

Who's left BzIn at this point?

That class was pretty good in that we got Codi, Devin and Moto. That's a nice pull for one year. But that being what we legitimately go out of an 8 man class does not speak well of Bz.

That class was pretty good in that we got Codi, Devin and Moto. That's a nice pull for one year. But that being what we legitimately go out of an 8 man class does not speak well of Bz.

Not really. Compare that to our top 3 players from other big classes in the post-Staak era. Mediocre at best.

Not really. Compare that to our top 3 players from other big classes in the post-Staak era. Mediocre at best.

Kind of hard to compare classes to these guys, since they're like an expansion team. Duncan's class added the best big man of a generation to the best guard in school history. That's going to be hard to beat.

Regardless, these classes would be slotted ahead of these guys, admittedly with half their careers ahead of them.

1. NDiaye/Rich/Duncan
2. Rogers/Randolph
3. CP3
4. Johnson/Teague
5. King/McQueen/Tucker
6. AT&T

The salient point for this discussion is that these guys were playing to their talent level until the Georgia Tech game (where they were flat even before the injury). Stumbled, and haven't steadied themselves. Losing with someone else's guys might by you time, but losing with your own guys gets you canned (or should). I still think he's going to get another year from this Admin, even if it's the last capital Ron has left to invest in this venture.

Back