• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl Ticket Update

I heard from a pretty good source that we've sold more tix than VT has for their BCS game. I find that hard to believe

I could believe it. VT has been to quite a few BCS Bowls, so its nothing special for them. We had never been before, and I knew of a few dozen people who bought tickets and attended the OB who dont even like football, and havent been to a game since.

Just realized you were meaning this years bowl, not the OB.

Last edited:
I heard from a pretty good source that we've sold more tix than VT has for their BCS game. I find that hard to believe

Well VT announced they have sold 9337 tickets as of yesterday so that would mean we've nearly sold out our allotment. I'm pretty sure Wake would had made an announcement if that were the case.

Mixed reports have been coming from "sources." Some say it's going well and some say it's not going well. So who knows at this point how ticket sales are going.

Well, I can say with complete 100% confidence that I bought my bowl ticket from the WF ticket office! :thumbsup:

Well VT announced they have sold 9337 tickets as of yesterday so that would mean we've nearly sold out our allotment. I'm pretty sure Wake would had made an announcement if that were the case.

Mixed reports have been coming from "sources." Some say it's going well and some say it's not going well. So who knows at this point how ticket sales are going.

The person I spoke with was preparing to write an article, and this AM he said we've sold more tix than VT, so that would mean around 10k.

The Washington Post has a good article on their website about the lousy VT ticket activity (see below)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-bowl-tickets/2011/12/13/gIQAJocnrO_blog.html

But you would think we'd be bragging about selling 10k tix already. Very strange.

The person I spoke with was preparing to write an article, and this AM he said we've sold more tix than VT, so that would mean around 10k.

The Washington Post has a good article on their website about the lousy VT ticket activity (see below)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-bowl-tickets/2011/12/13/gIQAJocnrO_blog.html

Great to hear about Wake then. Selling out our allotment when so many schools are struggling with their ticket sales is a huge statement for our fan base.

But you would think we'd be bragging about selling 10k tix already. Very strange.

Well if the guy is preparing to write an article then that could be us bragging about it.

Well if the guy is preparing to write an article then that could be us bragging about it.

My friend is writing an article based primarily on VT not getting the job done. I'm not sure where he got his WF news from. My point is that WF Athletics isn't bragging so far, so i wonder if tix sales are really at 10k.

Last edited:
Someone get Barry Faircloth on the phone pronto and demand an explanation. :wtf:

Just found out I am in 136, row CC. And that's from someone with very low DC priority.

Hope that gets everyone else excited for their awesome tickets.

Just got this

I'd read this as saying hey we need some help getting over the "hump".. But I'm in with a couple. So hopefully some more will go and get tickets and as they say donate them back to students or local groups.

DC Letter:
WHY TRAVEL WITH THE DEACS?
Over the years, Wake Forest has been building a reputation as a program whose fans regularly travel to bowl games to cheer on their team. This loyal fan support not only enhances the game day atmosphere and provides encouragement to the team, but it also sends a strong message to future bowl committees that Demon Deacon fans will travel, making Wake Forest a great choice for a bowl bid.
We encourage you to make the trip to Nashville and help us insure that the Demon Deacons are well-represented at LP Field while also continuing to build our well-deserved reputation as a school that travels. For more information on tickets and travel packages, please visit DeaconClub.com/BowlCentral.

CAN'T GO? YOU CAN STILL HELP!
Selling our required ticket allotment is crucial to maintaining our reputation as a school that travels well to bowl games. Even if you cannot make the trip to Nashville, you can still help by purchasing tickets that will be donated to Wake Forest students.
We are seeing unprecedented demand from Wake Forest students who are eager to hit the road and cheer on the Deacs. Help us create the largest, most spirited student section in Wake Forest bowl history by purchasing tickets for donation. Simply click here to donate or call the Wake Forest Ticket Office at (888) 758-DEAC (3322).

BUY BOWL TICKETS - EARN DEACON CLUB POINTS!
Deacon Club members who purchase tickets to the 2011 Franklin American Mortgage Company Music City Bowl will be rewarded with 5 bonus priority points (a $500 value)! Bonus points will be given regardless of whether the ticket is purchased for personal use or as a donation. Limit 5 points per account. To purchase tickets simply click here or call the Wake Forest Ticket Office at (888) 758-DEAC (3322).

We hope to see you in Nashville on December 30th.

Park in Lot R if you can... great lot to tailgate in. We set up last year right where the pedestrian bridge ended so met and saw a ton of people. Lucky for you all, you won't have 200,000 Tenn fans to deal with... just cowbells.

It was announced on 620 The Buzz in Raleigh this morning that we have, in fact, sold out! :thumbsup:

Interestingly enough, the Tarholes have sold less than 1000 tix for the Dec 26 Independence Bowl.

Interestingly enough, the Tarholes have sold less than 1000 tix for the Dec 26 Independence Bowl.

That is atrocious. It's so damn fitting that they are snubbing their nose at the NCAA, not removing themselves from bowl eligibility, and getting stuck in Shreveport where they'll have 1500 fans in attendance. I'll watch that game just to see the crowd shots and laugh. "Sleeping giant" of the ACC...they've got the sleeping part right.

That is atrocious. It's so damn fitting that they are snubbing their nose at the NCAA, not removing themselves from bowl eligibility, and getting stuck in Shreveport where they'll have 1500 fans in attendance. I'll watch that game just to see the crowd shots and laugh. "Sleeping giant" of the ACC...they've got the sleeping part right.

And it's the gift that could keep on giving if the NCAA does impose some sort of future post season ban on UNC. More important bowl game(s) missed? Check. Losing potential recruits because it more adversely affects them? Check.

I know what Satan wants for Christmas.

dd.satan.a.gif

Last edited:
It was announced on 620 The Buzz in Raleigh this morning that we have, in fact, sold out! :thumbsup:

Was this broadcast again after that initial time? Call me a skeptic, but I find it odd that a radio station in Raleigh is proclaiming it, but we havent heard any sort of confirmation from WFU or any of the local media. JMHO, but if we sold our full allotment we should be screaming it from the rooftops.

Don't know- heard it on the drive in to work today. They were covering the ACC's bowl tix sales to date, and bashing on the Tarholes! :D

They must be getting their info from somewhere with high confidence in order to devote an entire radio show segment to it.

Back