• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl Ticket Update

I support bashing the holes for almost everything, but for not selling tickets to the Independence Bowl is a little silly. No one would sell tickets for the day after Christmas in fucking Shreveport. Man am I glad we got of out that mess. I love the Sugar Bowl.

I support bashing the holes for almost everything, but for not selling tickets to the Independence Bowl is a little silly. No one would sell tickets for the day after Christmas in fucking Shreveport. Man am I glad we got of out that mess. I love the Sugar Bowl.

There's a difference in "not selling tickets" and not selling 1000 tickets. Besides, the bashing is more about the fact that they ended up stuck at the worst possible bowl when they could have banned themselves from the post-season and have gained some favor with the NCAA. Instead, they'll be stuck playing a crappy game in a crappy location in front of 1500 of their crappy fans. Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

There's a difference in "not selling tickets" and not selling 1000 tickets. Besides, the bashing is more about the fact that they ended up stuck at the worst possible bowl when they could have banned themselves from the post-season and have gained some favor with the NCAA. Instead, they'll be stuck playing a crappy game in a crappy location in front of 1500 of their crappy fans. Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:

Oh I'm thoroughly enjoying the screwing they got by having to go to Shreveport. I still laugh about it. I heard Thorp just straight donated 2,000 tickets to the military already.

We come out of this looking great by selling our allotment and they come out looking terrible by selling no tickets. And yes I bet they wished they took a postseason ban this year but then they would have to admit to some wrong doing and we all know nothing illegal has ever happened in Chapel Hill.

It was announced on 620 The Buzz in Raleigh this morning that we have, in fact, sold out! :thumbsup:

Interestingly enough, the Tarholes have sold less than 1000 tix for the Dec 26 Independence Bowl.

I can't imagine why it would be difficult to sell tix to Shreveport the day after X-mas...

Since we sold out our allotment, am I OK to buy my tickets on Stub Hub for half price?

Since we sold out our allotment, am I OK to buy my tickets on Stub Hub for half price?

No guarantee we sold our allotment. As well, the seats you get through Wake are very good, and less expensive than the equivalent seats on StubHub.

If you're already investing the money for travel and hotel for this trip, might as well just buy good tickets through Wake.

The goal is not just to sell our allotment, it's to go beyond that and smoke the clowns at Clemson.

No guarantee we sold our allotment. As well, the seats you get through Wake are very good, and less expensive than the equivalent seats on StubHub.

Agreed. No reason to buy through stubhub unless you are looking to sit up top.

This. Also the Wake tickets are not overpriced. Club seats on Stubhub were going for three times what I paid through Wake.

Amen. I loved those Club Seats we had in Charlotte. Sweet

We have enough posters with inside info that we should be able to get a fairly reliable answer on how many tickets have been sold. Does anyone know?

We have enough posters with inside info that we should be able to get a fairly reliable answer on how many tickets have been sold. Does anyone know?

Even with that inside info, our posters seem to be split between having sold all our allotment, or only having sold half of it. I guess we should assume something along the middle.

As of yesterday at 4pm the ticket office said there are "plenty" left.

I promise my source has first hand knowledge and I wasn't even fishing for info. The whole "progressing towards selling our allotment" is spin, pure and simple. There is still time to sell tickets, but it is not looking promising.

I guess we should assume something along the middle.

The real figure is in between half and sold out completely.

So basically if you're on the fence re: buying through WFU or Stubhub, please buy through WFU if you can. If you wont be making the trip and can spare a $60 tax writeoff, please buy a proxy ticket to donate to a good cause in the Nashville area.

I promise my source has first hand knowledge and I wasn't even fishing for info. The whole "progressing towards selling our allotment" is spin, pure and simple. There is still time to sell tickets, but it is not looking promising.

I am not sure how a spin of "We sold our allotment" makes sense. If you are trying to sell tickets wouldn't you go in the other direction and try to encourage people to buy more.

I am a little dense, so some one explain this to me. . .

I am surprised we are having this much trouble selling 10k tix to a bowl game in Nashville on Dec 30. Perhaps the way we played the last 5-6 games has dampened enthusiasm.

Back