• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NazT Deac, DeacMan, and iLoveTaron no longer DS mods

It's about as clear of a case of conflict of interest as you can get. It's a no-brainer.

it's called a conflict of interest, whether or not actual, because there is a potential.

Exactly. That's why the "I know Naz and you should trust him" logic was poor.

It's not a matter of representing interest, it's that a moderator can alter or delete board content at will.

That is a different matter, you are right. I did not realize that mods could do that without some communication.

I'd say that LK's post is certainly abrasive and antagonistic.

Then why not make a post to that end? That's the whole problem with the rep thing. At least Karma antagonized publicly. Unsigned negrep, especially the nasty, personal shit, is akin to egging someone's house in the middle of the night.

Then why not make a post to that end? That's the whole problem with the rep thing. At least Karma antagonized publicly. Unsigned negrep, especially the nasty, personal shit, is akin to egging someone's house in the middle of the night.

Because those posts turn into pissing matches. Rep and tags have helped these boards avoid many of the problems over on DS.

Neg repped. Because I'd rather call him out for his shitty post privately over starting a public pissing contest.

And for the record, my post was meant to be abrasive and antagonistic. I'm sticking up for a close friend and I don't give a flip if it's too abrasive for some of your delicate little ears.

You guys take rep way to seriously. WTF is the big deal? I'm so fucking tired of reading about people whining about their neg rep. If you don't like your neg rep, stop making dumbass post's like LK's.

Yeah, LK and Naz go out for pizza, and wings, and bbq, and cake, and horse, and cheese, and beer like five times a week.

I don't think that an AD dept employee should be a mod generally, but I have no problem with Naz and never had one.

I'd rather see the petty personal passive aggressive stuff restricted to the reps or tags. Putting that stuff in the open is how good threads get turned into pissing matches.

LK, you know I love NazT, too. We go back a long time. But it was a conflict of interest for him to work for the Deacon Club and control content on a message board that was supposed to be separate from the university and any part of the athletic department. It's nothing personal about Naz at all. It's just not a good look for an independent message board. I would say the same about any of the mods here if they took a job at Wake.

Agree. I know Naz and don't question his integrity in the least. But it's not just an issue of impropriety; it's also the appearance of impropriety. And when the level of censorship is going on that was going on over there, questions are going to be asked.

Because those posts turn into pissing matches. Rep and tags have helped these boards avoid many of the problems over on DS.

And now it's fostered a more cowardly, drive-by mentality. That seems to be exactly what was wrong at DS. And you don't want a post, fine. Man up, send a PM, and stand behind your thoughts.

And for the record, I'm with Liquid Karma. I'm sticking up for a close friend and I don't give a flip what any of you think.

Decent effort, but I expected better.

That is a different matter, you are right. I did not realize that mods could do that without some communication.

This was the impetus for many of the level-headed poster's departures from DS.

No one has really pointed this out yet, but that was one of the stated purposes of this board (from cookout, primarily). They wanted to force DS to make certain changes, and here they are. One of my biggest complaints with DS was the lack of active moderation.

Back