• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Deacs, Rise Up: A Call to Action for FSU on Saturday

Great ideas, mike and BBD.

And I'm sure mike would tell you this himself, but don't chant anything during the national anthem.

Any reference to chanting is suggesting a far greater level of organization than was actually present. To that end, I would also second whoever suggested not getting too wasted before the game.

Any reference to chanting is suggesting a far greater level of organization than was actually present. To that end, I would also second whoever suggested not getting too wasted before the game.

We have discussed that as well. No alcohol beforehand. Not giving Wellman any extra ammunition to throw us out. We need as many people to come out as possible. this shit has got to change!

If you guys really want to make some noise I'd suggest buying tickets out of your pocket for as many friends and family members you know who would support the cause. Otherwise any chants or outbursts would be drowned out by the students and supporters of the team. Also keep in mind, this isn't pro sports. Yes, these kids are on scholarship, but they are also students. Be careful out there and Go Deacs.

Do they have editors? That first paragraph is horrible.

That is poor writing throughout. Despite that, he makes good points and it's good to see the complacency argument that I've been making for years out in the open.

The student newspaper here is just awful. I've never been able to figure out why.

You must spread some reputation...

Hate to beat a dead horse, and I admire everyone's efforts but it simply won't matter. Coach Buzz will be here through 2015 unless he chooses to resign.

That's fine.

At worst it will make me feel better. Or maybe, just maybe [Redacted] will understand the hatred out there for him and quit! Wouldn't that be fun!?!?

To that end, a sign that says "Our Players Deserve Better" would do a lot to assure the players of the purpose of the protest as well as increase the likelihood of getting more people in the crowd to join in. Despite dv7 saying he doesn't care what strangers think of him, it's in the best interest of the movement to appeal to as many people as possible.

I think it would be cool if each person had a different player's name.

One has "CJ HARRIS DESERVES BETTER." Another person has "TRAVIS MCKIE DESERVES BETTER." Etc.

Those aren't bad ideas. Thanks.

The student newspaper here is just awful. I've never been able to figure out why.

And the journalism department just lost Wayne King and Mary Martin Niepold to retirement, right?

It's probably because we've systematically destroyed the liberal arts at Wake for a long time, and the newspaper is just another institution that the administration couldn't give two shits about if they tried. Couple that with the complacency of the athletic department and you have my two biggest gripes with Wake since I started there in '05.

Another thing in favor of having a sign that says "Our Players Deserve Better" - it's really going to make the Athletic Dept look bad if they take aways signs that are that positive and supportive in the way they sends the message.

If you guys really want to make some noise I'd suggest buying tickets out of your pocket for as many friends and family members you know who would support the cause. Otherwise any chants or outbursts would be drowned out by the students and supporters of the team. Also keep in mind, this isn't pro sports. Yes, these kids are on scholarship, but they are also students. Be careful out there and Go Deacs.

Is that a serious post? All 18 other people in the stands?

Nicely done. I think you hit the nail on the head in your piece. What is your take on how the student body feels about the state of the basketball team?

I think most of the students agree that we suck at basketball. But that knowledge, for the most part, has created apathy among students towards our sports, not hatred towards [Redacted] and Wellman. I wouldn't be surprised if you asked ten random students who Ron Wellman was and only three of them told you he was the athletic director. The students that do care about Wake sports hate Bzz and Wellman. I'm sure of that.

Do they have editors? That first paragraph is horrible.

That is poor writing throughout. Despite that, he makes good points and it's good to see the complacency argument that I've been making for years out in the open.

Thanks for the compliment? I'll be sure to send you all of my writing in the future before I submit it.

Another thing in favor of having a sign that says "Our Players Deserve Better" - it's really going to make the Athletic Dept look bad if they take aways signs that are that positive and supportive in the way they sends the message.

Our Players Deserve Better
#BuzzOUT

Would that still work, do you think?

Thanks for the compliment? I'll be sure to send you all of my writing in the future before I submit it.

A big part of being a good writer is the ability to take criticism of your writing.

Tribb's comment back was strong IMO. I like it, he's got moxy.

I've always wondered about why the paper isn't as good as it could be too. The people who work on it work hard, but they're severely understaffed. Hell there are a lot of political science people working on the editorial staff and as a political science major I chipped in on editing and wrote a decent number of articles my last couple of years.

You would think more English majors would be interested. A lot of these people do have journalism minors though.

A big part of being a good writer is the ability to take criticism of your writing.

Then I assume you know the difference between a criticism and an insult, yes? Hint: one usually implies where you can improve on. The other offers nothing constructive whatsoever. I'll let you decide which one you gave...In the meantime, back to sports.

Back