• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA APR scores released today, Wake basketball last in ACC

Fuck Your Couch

Reaction score
ACC Basketball:

1. Duke 995
2. Miami 990
3. NC St. 984
4. VT 981
5. Clemson 973
6. GT 972
7. FSU 960
8. UNC 959
9. BC 958
10. Maryland 948
11. UVA 946
12. Wake 942

IIRC early entrants and transfers do not hurt your score if they are in good academic standing, so that shouldn't be an excuse for Wake. Also, this is a 4 year rolling figure so almost all of this score has happened under Bz by now. Penalties don't start until APR dips to 925 and below.

ACC Football:

1. Duke 989
2. Clemson 985
3. GT 983
4. BC 982
5. Miami 977
6. Wake 970
7. VT 970
8. UVA 959
9. FSU 954
10. NC St. 947
11. Maryland 937
12. UNC 934

At some point Wellman has to answer for this. Enough is enough.

Wake is probably the most rigorous school in the ACC so no surprise here.

So proud of our Athletic Department right now. Keep up the good work, Ron!

does this mean that our players are dumber than the rest of the acc? somehow I find that hard to believe.

Perhaps someone can clarify how APR is calculated. I'm certainly not defending the score, but I thought that former players (such as Ari) would count against ours. I could certainly be incorrect, but I thought I had heard something like that in previous years.

Anyone care to guess the trend of Colorado's men's basketball APR scores since the departure of a certain coach?

Yeah, I'd like to see how this score is calculated. No matter what, just lol. We're such a failure.

Every semester players can earn 2 points... 1 for not dropping out and 1 for meeting NCAA eligibility guidelines. Points scored/Points possible over the last 4 years times 1000 equals your score. Players can play despite possibly having a semester that didn't meet eligibility requirements depending on cumulative GPA.

If Ari had bad semesters at Wake within the last 4 years they would still be hurting us, but him transferring doesn't have an effect on the score.

Reactions: TBR
We've had numerous players who have left mid-semester, would that hurt our scores? Thinking Tony Woods and JTT. (I think those are the only two)

We've had numerous players who have left mid-semester, would that hurt our scores? Thinking Tony Woods and JTT. (I think those are the only two)

If I'm reading it correctly, yes.

Wake is probably the most rigorous school in the ACC so no surprise here.

I have a hard time believing Wake is significantly more difficult, athlete or not, than Duke or Georgia Tech.

"I'm not going to make any excuses, Tuesday is their toughest day academically."

"I don't know. Ask them."

-Buzz

I would love to audit the basis for Clemson's APR score in football.

Back